X11 Palette Color Selector

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Eclipzer

X11 Palette Color Selector

Post by Eclipzer »

Here's a palette selector I've been developing for my various editors. Ideally this will provide a quick and consistent way to handle color information. At the moment, the program loads the palette data from the included .bi file, so you can alter that to load your own custom palette. Feedback welcome!

Download:
http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/ ... r_x11c.zip

Screenie:

I wish the screen shot did this justice. Everything is animated, so it looks much better in motion.
nkk_kan

Post by nkk_kan »

wow! this looks rad! :)
AGS

Re: X11 Palette Color Selector

Post by AGS »

Eclipzer wrote: I wish the screen shot did this justice. Everything is animated, so it looks much better in motion.
I agree, the screenshot without the animation does not do the program justice (I have, of course, tried the program). Perhaps it's an idea to post an 'animated gif'?
Hezad

Post by Hezad »

Very cool. And the fading between two colors in the circle is hm.. [heart_smiley]
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

I thought the screenshot did a good job of showing how cool it looked. (Man, hope that doesn't sound like a diss...)
My only real criticism with the program is that it's a little impractical, since it takes a while to read off the actual color values.
Last edited by counting_pine on Aug 21, 2008 1:10, edited 1 time in total.
Eclipzer

Post by Eclipzer »

My only real criticism with the program is that it's a little impractical, since it takes a while to read off the actual color values.
This is by no means a final build, just a functional one. Point taken though. I'll continue to refine this over time. The final result should be pretty solid.
Eclipzer

Post by Eclipzer »

This is primarily a graphical update. The underlying code has been cleaned up a bit, but that's not exactly visible. Enjoy!

Download:
http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/ ... r_x11f.zip

Screenshot:
DaveUnit

Post by DaveUnit »

Wow this is really nice!
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

looks cool but kinda sloooow