WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 3, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks Tourist Trap, I see your point. Normally WinFBE re-parses files when saved. I will add behaviour to re-parse dirty files when the Function List is popped up. That should fix the trouble you're seeing.
Tourist Trap

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 3, 2018)

Post by Tourist Trap »

PaulSquires wrote:I will add behaviour to re-parse dirty files when the Function List is popped up. That should fix the trouble you're seeing.
That would be sincerely great.

Other things, rather strange. Maybe it has already been noticed but I didn't read the previous pages so excuse me if I'm describing something well known.

Ok there is 2 things. I'm having 5 or 6 tabs with some little unsaved stuff within. I open a 7th tab and try the designer. I put a textbox or wathever (I made a try with a label too), and I try to quick run it. It doesn't work. Nevermind I save this tab and launch a "compile and run". Doing this, it tries to save my previous tabs, I cancel. Then I have my tab with designer stuff closed by the editor. It disapears.
There is a point of context here. I have a tab with this code that returns a beep and an error message :

Code: Select all

function x  () as String   ''notice that I'm copying/pasting the code from WinFBE and it should be uppercased but this is not here at 1st pasted line...

END FUNCTION
''notice that the code quickruns ok and that there is no comment in my original files
error 81: Invalid command-line option, "Untitled4"
Other test I wanted to save a second tab with this code inside to check if it compiles while saved.But it closed again a new tab (in which I did put a new saved designer tab)...

So 2 questions arise.What's wrong with the dummy function ? And is it for a known reason that the tabs were closed?

Thanks for the attention. I will try now to compile some saved stuff of this kindin various way to see what happens.

Edit: (the next remarks overrides the previous questions above)
It seems that the last tab content can not be compiled if the previous tab content is unsaved (and canceled when proposed to save). The previous tab of the saved one will be:
error 81: Invalid command-line option, "Untitled3"
(here the 4th tab is my last one and saved as "x.bas")
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what seems to happen to me.

When closed every unsaved tabs, my last tab, a saved one, compiles just fine as expected.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Error
FreeBASIC Help file not found
even for a simple path like this:
[WinFBE.ini]
CompilerHelpfile={CURDRIVE}:\Users\fxmam\Documents\freebasic.chm

Note: the other 2 Help file paths (WinAPI and WinFBX) do not seem to work either.
(same error message as above: weird!)

Default since version 1.7.1.
(Help works for version 1.7.0)
Last edited by fxm on Aug 08, 2018 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks fxm, I have found the source of that problem. I'm uploading a new package tonight and will have the fix in that update. Thanks!
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks Tourist Trap, I have taken note of your post and will reproduce the behaviour and get a fix for you.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 8, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.7.3 (August 8, 2018)
- Added: Function names will now display for code files that do not have a disk filename (especially useful for QuickRun files).
- Changed: Updated Italian language file.
- Changed: Changing back colors of a button now also calls button refresh.
- Changed: Temporarily removed some Properties that have not been fully implemented in order to prevent compile time errors.
- Fixed: Compiler output listview now properly shows Form file error lines (adjusted to remove metadata and codegen lines).
- Fixed: Help file displaying "Not found" error for fully qualified path names.
- Fixed: TextBox WordWrap property was coded incorrectly.
- Fixed: TextBox HideSelection property was coded incorrectly.
- Fixed: TextBox CharacterCasing property not correctly referencing the CharacterCase Enum.
- Fixed: TextBox TextScrollBars property changes not reflected visually in the visual designer.
- Fixed: TextBox AcceptTab property was not fully implemented.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
fxm

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 8, 2018)

Post by fxm »

OK.
Thanks.

A small detail:
For the "WinAPI Help" or the "WinFBX Help" menus, when the path is not defined, the error message has the same text as for the "Help" (FreeBASIC) menu:
"FreeBASIC Help file not found".
I was expecting rather "WinAPI Help file not found" or "WinFBX Help file not found".
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks fxm, that's an easy fix - I'll change the messages today.
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

Why if i use WinFBE suit it compiles successful, but if i compile master one it brings many error even if WinFormX dir is copied into compiler's inc dir? Such as "Error 18: Element not defined, SetTextForeColor..." (can't copy from compile log) What's the difference?
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Do you also have Jose Roca's latest WinFBX includes installed? You need them as well. That error indicates that maybe you don't have the latest CXpButton.inc from Jose's includes.
ur_naz

Post by ur_naz »

I have WinFBX
Windows Framework for FreeBASIC.
Version 1.0.03 installed for both suit and master
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 12, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.7.4 (August 12, 2018)
- Added: Loading of WinAPI codetips (\settings\codetips_winapi.ini).
- Changed: Removed Bookmark color and WinAPI Keywords color. Basic themes will automatically be updated. USER DEFINED THEMES WILL NEED TO BE MANUALLY UPDATED. Sorry.
- Changed: More specific error message for type of Help file not found.
- Changed: Replaced FB's COMMAND with unicode aware replacement AfxCommand.
- Changed: Commented out Scintilla code for SCI_SETFONTQUALITY and SCI_SETTECHNOLOGY to see if it helps in displaying older *.fon bitmap font files.
- Fixed: User Tool problem assigning accelerator key
- Fixed: "Save Declares File" menu option was not outputting SUB declarations (only FUNCTIONS).
- Fixed: AutoInsert inserting "End Function" and/or "End Sub" in situations when it should not.
- Fixed: Calltips disappearing after typing characters past the opening "(" that triggered the codetip.
- Fixed: Corrected triggers for Autocomplete popups.
- Fixed: Button TextAlign property not having effect at runtime.
- Fixed: Locked property causing compile time error (property still not implemented yet however).
- Fixed: Form Resize event was not firing after the Load event.
- Fixed: Greatly speed up the Replace All for large documents with many phrases to be replaced.

IndigoFuzz

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 12, 2018)

Post by IndigoFuzz »

With the previous IDEs I've found myself swinging back and forth with using Freebasic as a hobby language, but this IDE is brilliant and I already feel myself wanting to do more with it.

One kind request though (if it hasn't been brought up already) is it possible to take into consideration directory structure in a project folder, and have the same inheritance inside the Explorer pane with the file nodes?

Thank you for this :)
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 22, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.7.5 (August 22, 2018)
- Added: OptionButton toolbox control.
- Added: Frame toolbox control.
- Added: Implemented logic for controls "Locked" property.
- Added: Implemented logic for top menu option "Lock Controls" (this is a global override locking the form and all controls on the form).
- Added: Pasting controls automatically increments the TabIndex property for the newly created controls.
- Added: Entering an existing TabIndex number will automatically re-number all higher TabIndex value controls.
- Changed: Greatly refactored the underlying WinFormsX code dealing with the message pump and keyboard input handling and modal/modeless forms.
- Fixed: Pasting controls was not immediately setting the form dirty thereby not saving the changes.
- Fixed: Dropdown combobox in ToolBox that displays list of controls for the form was not updating when controls deleted from the form.
- Fixed: AutoInsert inserting "End Function" and/or "End Sub" in situations when it should not. Fix from 1.7.4 failed on "FUNCTION =" lines.
- Fixed: Keyboard focus is now correctly restored when a popup modal form is closed.

PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (Updated August 26, 2018)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 1.7.6 (August 26, 2018)
- Added: Grab handles for locked controls/form now show using red color.
- Added: BackColorHot property for Button controls.
- Fixed: Label mouse double click caused a GPF.
- Fixed: Changed all MID function code to use ** with CWSTR variables.
- Fixed: Align and/or Resize for groups of controls was not respecting the Locked status.
- Fixed: Center in form horizontally/vertically was not correctly accounting for High DPI resolutions.