New tool for WinFBE

Windows specific questions.
deltarho[1859]

New tool for WinFBE

Postby deltarho[1859] » Mar 03, 2020 1:21

Do you write asm? I do occasionally but not enough to remember all the registers, especially 64-bit.

Drop Registers.chm into your WinFBE Tools folder.

Then install the tool 'Registers' in 'User Tools' 'Command:' as '.\Tools\Registers.chm'.

This is what I get.

You may need to unblock the chm file.

Registers.chm
Last edited by deltarho[1859] on Mar 03, 2020 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
srvaldez

Re: New tool for WinFBE

Postby srvaldez » Mar 03, 2020 11:48

hi deltarho[1859]
what would also be handy is a list of register usage on Windows and Linux, I mean the registers used as parameters to functions.
for example, x64 Windows uses rcx, rdx, r8 and r9 while Linux uses rdi, rsi, rdx and rcx
the list is probably not complete but gives an idea
it would be great if you could have that on another tab in your registers window
deltarho[1859]

Re: New tool for WinFBE

Postby deltarho[1859] » Mar 03, 2020 12:54

Hi srvaldez

I wondered if I managed to mask what I was actually doing. What you are looking at is just a jpg wrapped in a chm file. I don't think that I can have tabs inside topics. I use HelpNDoc but I'm not an expert user.

With regard your opening comments my knowledge is not broad enough and I give way to whoever would be good enough to take them on.

Come to think of it, it would be nice to see someone else publishing a tool - there are a few desks in the Tool Room but only one is being used at the moment. It is so quiet the new tea lady walked past this morning. Image

Return to “Windows”