Code: Select all
#include once "fbgfx.bi"
dim x as string
screencontrol( fb.GET_DRIVER_NAME, x )
On Win7-64bit, fbc-32bit, I get "DirectX"
On Win7-64bit, fbc-64bit, I get "GDI"
I was messing around with graphics in thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26419
What I found was that existing gfxlib2 DirectX driver:
- always fails for me under win7-64bit, fbc-64bit. I see the gfx window create/destory a couple of times while gfxlib2 tries to create a working screen mode
- and Win7-64bit provides enough emulation that running a fbc-32bit program DirectX succeeds.
gfxlib2 uses DirectDraw interface, which Microsoft has deprecated. I tried using DirectDraw7 interface but it's the same.
If no one sees DirectX working on Win7-64bit, fbc-64 bit, then, we need a new driver.
The driver could be prototyped in FreeBASIC. To be used for the driver (written in C), need to show:
- window & full screen
- copy from memory to display memory
- wait for vertical blanking interrupt
- I'm kind of assuming that the general message loop can be reused from existing windows gfxlib drivers
Can anyone help? My knowledge of windows API's is kind of out of date now.