FBIde on Windows 10 error, Anyone?

Windows specific questions.
GreatKingRat

FBIde on Windows 10 error, Anyone?

Post by GreatKingRat »

Hi folks!

I´ve downloaded the FBIde 0.4.6r4 earlier today and it worked fine.
But now its showing an error message 0xc0000142.
Someone knows how to fix this bug?

Thanls!
St_W

Re: FBIde on Windows 10 error, Anyone?

Post by St_W »

GreatKingRat wrote:I´ve downloaded the FBIde 0.4.6r4 earlier today and it worked fine.
What did you change between the point when it worked and the later one at which it didn't anymore? Or was that on a different PC/OS?
That error is usually related to missing or incompatible DLLs loaded during application initialization. Check which depends whether you have all the required dependencies available on your PC and the correct ones are loaded.
There are no known compatibility issues for FBide with Win10 and it works fine for many users.

Otherwise I'd suggest to use poseidonFB or any other FreeBasic IDE as FBide is anyway the oldest (and IMHO worst) FB IDE.
fxm

Post by fxm »

I am with Win7 on my professional PC.
Often, I get a similar error message (error 0xc0000005), at any FBIde execution attempt (versions 0.4, 0.4.3, 0.4.6) after a PC boot.
Generally, closing then opening a new Windows session is sufficient to solve the problem, but sometimes a full reboot is required.
Remark: by cons, the oldest version "FBIde v0.3.3a" is always working!
Last edited by fxm on Jul 29, 2017 4:47, edited 1 time in total.
GreatKingRat

Post by GreatKingRat »

St_W wrote:
GreatKingRat wrote:I´ve downloaded the FBIde 0.4.6r4 earlier today and it worked fine.
What did you change between the point when it worked and the later one at which it didn't anymore? Or was that on a different PC/OS?
That error is usually related to missing or incompatible DLLs loaded during application initialization. Check which depends whether you have all the required dependencies available on your PC and the correct ones are loaded.
There are no known compatibility issues for FBide with Win10 and it works fine for many users.

Otherwise I'd suggest to use poseidonFB or any other FreeBasic IDE as FBide is anyway the oldest (and IMHO worst) FB IDE.
Nothing, same PC, same OS, same session, i just took off the sreen and left to do something else and when i returned it didn´t worked...
But now it is working again... Maybe some sort of windows update issue...
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

There was a massive win 10 update within these last few days.
I think it was called the creators.
Seemingly I can now paint in 3D, which would be great If I could do it properly in 2.

I live out in the sticks with a slow broadband speed. so any continuous download is noticeable here.

I had no hiccups with fbide during the download, and It seems fine after this update.
(I always use fbide)
Very occasionally it plays up, just close it down and start it up again.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

fxm wrote:I am with Win7 on my professional PC.
Often, I get a similar error message (error 0xc0000005), at any FBIde execution attempt (versions 0.4, 0.4.3, 0.4.6) after a PC boot.
Generally, closing then opening a new Windows session is sufficient to solve the problem, but sometimes a full reboot is required.
Hello ,
As I wrote over in the WinFBE thread then I had not seen the problem before today and I have run the FBIDE many times a day for more days without ever seeing this error or having any other problem with the IDE (other than related to file permission problems (?) related to the help file) before I tried to install the WinFBE64 on my Win7 , 64bit version . Then when I tried to run the FBIDE then suddenly then the FBIDE stopped working for the first time in my experience. I suddenly got a Windows 7 , 64 Bit pop up when trying to run the FBIDE saying : IDE for FreeBasic Compiler has stopped working , and when closing that an fbide.exe Application Error (oxc0000005)

Among problem details were :
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fbide.exe
Application Version: 0.4.6.0
Application Timestamp: 43f86d3a
Fault Module Name: mingwm10.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 41e6d69f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001870
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.28

But for me the problem apparently fixed itself after a reboot of my PC and it looks as if it was purely coincidental that the problem appeared right after I attempted to install the WinFBE . So for me a reboot did not create the problem but fix it . Also should be pointed out that I had had a lot of stuff running on my PC in the days when I had no problems with the FBIDE including other installers and what not.
Anyway , if I can help investigate the problem then please let me know :-)
Last edited by Trinity on Sep 19, 2017 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

This error has nothing to do with the WinFBE install. I agree with you that what you experienced was purely coincidental.
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

Hello,

I saw the issue on a Windows 7 x64 PC recently.

In that case the problem was related to the obviously very old "mingwm10.dll" included with the FBIDE download. I downloaded a newer version of the DLL from the MingW sourceforge site and replaced FBIDE's "mingwm10.dll" with the file of the same name contained in the download ("bin" subfolder):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/ ... z/download

In my case it looks like this:

Moreover, make sure to have the MSVCRT runtime library installed. (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable)

Best regards,
Sebastian

PS: Usage of the approach at one's own risk! No warranty and liability!
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:I am with Win7 on my professional PC.
Now with Win 10, I very rarely have such an error message when launching FBIde with Win10.
The next time I get it, I will exchange the 2 mingwm10.dll files without restarting the computer, to test your solution.
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

I renamed the original "mingwm10.dll" to "mingwm10_.OLD". Then I copied the newer version of "mingwm10.dll" from the download.
So I kept a backup of the old original version (2005 file). So there's only one DLL to replace. The other file in the screenshot is just the old version (backup).
mfhancock

Post by mfhancock »

Yes! Same problem... began this afternoon. No changes to machine. This morning machine posted message saying "computer has encountered an error and must close." Didn't even give me a chance to save stuff. Could this be related?

BTW: I have been using FBIDE for YEARS!

What's up?

--Monte Hancock
GreatKingRat wrote:Hi folks!

I´ve downloaded the FBIde 0.4.6r4 earlier today and it worked fine.
Someone knows how to fix this bug?

Thanls!