virus?

Windows specific questions.
opicard

virus?

Post by opicard »

Hi,
I think being well protected against viruses with ESET nod 32, but yesterday for the first time since 2007 I had the following problem:
During a test of the code under development, windows (or my Dell attitude) crashed and the mouse remained motionless. I rebooted and then when I came back on Fbedit, all of the code had been erased, or rather replaced by white character!
Have you ever met this problem
Franktic

Re: virus?

Post by Franktic »

HI Opicard, I've not seen the freeze and crash you mention but I have had instances where I thought I had saved code with FBEdit only to find that none of my changes were saved. I'm still trying to work out the sequence that leads to the 'bad' saves but in the meantime I am saving regularly and to different file names - increment each save by 1 eg. save1.bas, save2.bas, etc.
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

Ah, necroposting; isn't it great :)
opicard wrote:Hi,
I think being well protected against viruses with ESET nod 32, but yesterday for the first time since 2007 I had the following problem:
During a test of the code under development, windows (or my Dell attitude) crashed and the mouse remained motionless. I rebooted and then when I came back on Fbedit, all of the code had been erased, or rather replaced by white character!
Have you ever met this problem
Yes I've come across the "it's been replaced with white character" thing before using Noteoad++. It occurred when the power was going funny in the house because the guy next door was doing some work on his flat. In an instant my computer lost connection to power and the thing must have crashed on me JUST as I was saving or something... when I came back I wasn't pleased so see ~50K worth of NULL characters :) thank the Lord for MEGA cloud service, that's all I've got to say.

i have had the specific crash before I think, but I was not coding at the time and as far as I could tell no file on my hard drive was replaced with NULL chars. It only happened once and I'm pretty damn certain I'm not infected :) it looked like it was a serious prob with Windows itself.

Hope that helps
opicard

Post by opicard »

datwill310 wrote:Ah, necroposting; isn't it great :)
opicard wrote: i have had the specific crash before I think, but I was not coding at the time and as far as I could tell no file on my hard drive was replaced with NULL chars. It only happened once and I'm pretty damn certain I'm not infected :) it looked like it was a serious prob with Windows itself.

Hope that helps
luckily that did not happen again ...

thanks ...
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

I've also had crashes, with older versions of FBEdit, but not with:
FBEdit version: 1.0.7.6c (check: Help/About, "Title-Bar" description)

However, it was never related, to a power-outage (I only use laptop's).