Question about IUP lib

Linux specific questions.
marpon

Question about IUP lib

Post by marpon »

I'm testing the poseidon ide (on linux) currently under development see the projects index...

that ide uses iup as gui lib, for it own usage so the .so iup libs are installed on my system ( as the .a also)

knowing that , i've decided to make some tests with the iup samples from FreeBasic ( quite old files)
and i"ve found the iup.bi is not doing compilation correctly (at least for Linux)
the errors were about libs missing

after modifying the uip.bi , commenting all the additionnal inclib (missing ones) for linux,
every uip example has been compiled and the execution worked well

Code: Select all

#ifdef __FB_WIN32__
	#inclib "gdi32" 
	#inclib "user32"
	#inclib "comdlg32"
	#inclib "comctl32"
	#inclib "ole32"
	#inclib "advapi32"
	#inclib "shell32"
	#inclib "uuid"
'#else
'	#inclib "gtk-x11-2.0"
'	#inclib "gdk-x11-2.0"
'	#inclib "pangox-1.0"  
'	#inclib "gdk_pixbuf-2.0"
'	#inclib "pango-1.0"
'	#inclib "gobject-2.0"
'	#inclib "gmodule-2.0"
'	#inclib "glib-2.0"
#endif
did some of you got the same behaviour, is it because my mint linux installation
or because too old .bi file done for iup-3.15 while the current iup version is 3.23 ?

by the way if just commenting that lines is enough , it's not a lot to have a very simple gui lib for freebasic linux.
Kuan Hsu

Re: Question about IUP lib

Post by Kuan Hsu »

marpon wrote:I'm testing the poseidon ide (on linux) currently under development see the projects index...

that ide uses iup as gui lib, for it own usage so the .so iup libs are installed on my system ( as the .a also)

knowing that , i've decided to make some tests with the iup samples from FreeBasic ( quite old files)
and i"ve found the iup.bi is not doing compilation correctly (at least for Linux)
the errors were about libs missing

after modifying the uip.bi , commenting all the additionnal inclib (missing ones) for linux,
every uip example has been compiled and the execution worked well

Code: Select all

#ifdef __FB_WIN32__
	#inclib "gdi32" 
	#inclib "user32"
	#inclib "comdlg32"
	#inclib "comctl32"
	#inclib "ole32"
	#inclib "advapi32"
	#inclib "shell32"
	#inclib "uuid"
'#else
'	#inclib "gtk-x11-2.0"
'	#inclib "gdk-x11-2.0"
'	#inclib "pangox-1.0"  
'	#inclib "gdk_pixbuf-2.0"
'	#inclib "pango-1.0"
'	#inclib "gobject-2.0"
'	#inclib "gmodule-2.0"
'	#inclib "glib-2.0"
#endif
did some of you got the same behaviour, is it because my mint linux installation
or because too old .bi file done for iup-3.15 while the current iup version is 3.23 ?

by the way if just commenting that lines is enough , it's not a lot to have a very simple gui lib for freebasic linux.
Please check the IUP source -- tecmake.mak, goto line:1340, then we know we can comment all #inclib. ( already link while building IUP )