Multithreading in DOS

DOS specific questions.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Re: Multithreading in DOS

Post by coderJeff »

Good to hear. I try to run simple stuff in FreeDOS, DosBOX, Win98-DOS, etc, from time to time but it's not my main platform, so it doesn't go much further than the simple stuff. Don't know if you are new to FreeBASIC but be sure to take notes as you learn, you might find yourself wanting to contribute to the documentation to help out others doing complex stuff with the DOS version.

...seriously, take notes. :)

Welcome to the forums.
vb4fb20XX

Re: Multithreading in DOS

Post by vb4fb20XX »

coderJeff wrote:Good to hear. I try to run simple stuff in FreeDOS, DosBOX, Win98-DOS, etc, from time to time but it's not my main platform, so it doesn't go much further than the simple stuff. Don't know if you are new to FreeBASIC but be sure to take notes as you learn, you might find yourself wanting to contribute to the documentation to help out others doing complex stuff with the DOS version.

...seriously, take notes. :)

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you. I'm new to FreeBASIC after trying to pick up C a bit. I did a little tinkering with Qbasic many years ago so FreeBASIC is like coming home, or maybe like escaping from a C language boot camp LOL.

I'm keeping crib notes to remember what I'm learning but I think it's going to be a while before I'm doing anything complex. I'll keep taking notes and if I ever reach that point I'll be happy to help with the documentation.

Windows 10 is my "daily driver", but I do my writing in FreeDOS (running in virtualbox) because it seems more manageable.

Thank you for the welcome! :)