DVB Device detection and usage.

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
kball

DVB Device detection and usage.

Post by kball »

I have a DVB card for my satellite dish. I want to open the card and read data from it and use the data to determine the transponders and channels.
The card is a PCI card. Are there libs in freebasic or ones I could use that could facilitate what I want to do? I know there are libs in linux that are ioctl based but Iam in winders Xtra Problems and those libs have not been ported to winders. What do you think?
mjs
Site Admin

Post by mjs »

Hmm ... when I remember correctly, DirectX (DirectShow?) has some TV card support implemented. I remember that there were also some interfaces for channel management. You might want to download both the Platform SDK (PSDK) and the DirectX SDK from Microsoft.

For all the hard guys: You might try to call the driver directly. To get the drivers instance name, you can use the ReactOS Explorer. For further information about driver development, you might download the Win98/NT/2K DDK. But be warned that the publically released parts of the DDK aren't complete. All the IFS (Installable File System) stuff is missing.

Regards,
Mark