Cant make FB Help start from FBEdit

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Luis Babboni

Cant make FB Help start from FBEdit

Post by Luis Babboni »

Hi people!

I´m stalling FB in my new computer.
I want to solve a problema I had other times I installed Free Basic to use it with FBEdit, I cant make FreeBASIC Help, not FBEdit Help, could be start from FBEdit.
I set Path options to where FBHelp is (I cant find FBHelp in las 1.07.1 version, I use an old 1.05 version of the Help) but not work.
I use to start FB Help directly from the folder where it is, but will be better to use it from FB Edit.

Thanks!
grindstone

Re: Cant make FB Help start from FBEdit

Post by grindstone »

Click "Options > Help Menu > Insert". Then determine a name for the help menu item and write the name of the help file including the full path into the "Command" - box.
SARG

Post by SARG »

No need to write the full name : just click on the small box with 3 dots on the right side and search for the help file via the explorer.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Thanks guys!

Now working nice.... just a little problem... :-D In the first attempt I pointed wrongly win32 Help path to FB Help! :-D
I never needed the win32 Help, in fact I do not know what it is? Where I must point it?

PS: 1.05 is the last version of the Help?
grindstone

Post by grindstone »

"Win32" is the WinAPI reference.
PS: 1.05 is the last version of the Help?
I don't know. Personally, I'm using an ancient version of the german help, just as a reminder. If I need actual information, I call the Wiki.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Latest version of official help for FBC 1.07.1: ... here --> "FB-manual-1.07.1-chm.zip"
The very latest, based on current development is: here --> "freebasic_manual.chm"
Remember to "unblock" directly downloaded *.chm (above) before using it.