Parallelization

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Provoni

Re: Parallelization

Post by Provoni »

rareEarthHypothesis wrote: I'm grateful to you all for your knowledgeable replies.
Now I have an excellent starting point, and I will take advantage of it, as soon as become more familiar with FreBasic basics.
I'm a Mathematica fan, and I would like to test its performance against compiled languages and mathematical libraries. Does anyone here tried before ?
Thanks again !
Hey rareEarthHypothesis,

FreeBASIC is very fast, it will blow your mind. What kind of computations are you looking to do? I may be able to help with ideas to multi-thread your computations.
rareEarthHypothesis

Post by rareEarthHypothesis »

Hi ! I'm very glad for your message !

A couple of years ago, I got through an exam of computational physics and one of numerical analysis; this year I will attend a course about quantum mechanics and I hope to become capable to perform some numerical modelization in this field. At present moment, I'm interested in Lagrange's equations. In a swarms of interacting particles also.Many interesting problems are rephrasable in this way. As example, please, consider an Oort cloud - like situation, where a lot of little particles are orbiting a much more massive body, with a gaussian distribution of the orbital planes tilt. I would like to compute the time dependency of the the standard deviation. Another intriguing topic is the keplerian interaction of very asymmetric bodies.

Have a great day !
Provoni

Post by Provoni »

Hey rare,

That sounds amazing. QM is very interesting. I am only vaguely aware of the topics you discussed. You want to compute the time dependency of the standard deviation, does that mean that you want to gauge the stability of the standard deviation of small time frames?

Will the position of the Oort cloud particles be stored in an array?