Graphical programs pausing at start [Very strange]

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Jawade

Re: Very strange

Post by Jawade »

Yes, its right. After searching I found the way for Windows AV to stop. And the JEditGr3.exe was going start fast. But it's not logical. Why Is AV every time scan the file? And why did he not scan if the "M" was poke in? Very strange. But now the most imortant thing? How to make an exeption? Is it possible? OK, I go make a search on the internet.

Now, I am busy with the other problem. Thanks for now.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

I have a similar problem with Avira antivirus on Win 10.
Sometimes a 20 second delay on a fresh .exe, even a delay when using a .dll.
I use fbide so I have made fbidetemp.exe, fbc.exe and gcc.exe exceptions.
(There is a tiny settings icon on the Avira interface)
If a new .exe is run once, there are no more delays with it, unless you change it by recompiling.
MJK

Post by MJK »

Jawade wrote:But it's not logical. And why did he not scan if the "M" was poke in?
That's why I mentioned "checksum", and using some other char (not "M"), and to check if the timestamp of the file was changed...

All these issues are ALWAYS logical, and NEVER strange, when we understand them fully! ;-)
- Mike
Jawade

Re: Graphical programs pausing at start [Very strange]

Post by Jawade »

But it is not logical, if he is not changed, the pause is there, and first, if i change the file and logical also the time/date, the pause was not there.But now, whatever I do, the pause is always there, also if i change a byte.

But okay, the cause is the Windows Defender. Now I go looking for to make an exeprion for mij file. Thanks.
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

We had this delay issue also at Masm32 three years ago ("it does the job, but why does it take about 10 seconds the first time ?"). It happened, for identical code, only on one machine, and we never found out why. But the AV brigade produces lots of such problems, and false positives. Just don't take it personally ;-)
Jawade

Post by Jawade »

False positives had I at mij old pc but never at iWndows Defender. I think its strange that he all the time takes that 1 second. I didnt found a way to make an exeption.