Squares

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Richard

Re: Squares

Postby Richard » Feb 04, 2020 3:16

@Albert, you are dreaming.
Are you aware that the film "Back To The Future" was a Fiction ?
A friend of mine keeps his DeLorean in the garage, as he only drives it from time to time.
albert

Postby albert » Feb 04, 2020 3:36

@Richard

Like ends of two magnets repel , because the fields can't be easily displaced...

So there's resistance...
So therefore , magnetic repulsion must therefore possible..
Richard

Postby Richard » Feb 04, 2020 4:40

albert wrote:So therefore , magnetic repulsion must therefore possible..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repulsion_motor
srvaldez

Postby srvaldez » Feb 04, 2020 7:48

Richard wrote:@Albert, you are dreaming.
Are you aware that the film "Back To The Future" was a Fiction ?
A friend of mine keeps his DeLorean in the garage, as he only drives it from time to time.

funny :-)
albert

Postby albert » Feb 05, 2020 2:49

@Richard

Watch this movie : Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

If you've seen it , they use the phrase "Warp Coil" quite often...

The "Warp-Coil" is what makes "Light Speed Travel" , possible ....

Magnetic Propulsion!!! A coil within a coil...

Like the Bible says "a circle within a circle"....
Richard

Postby Richard » Feb 05, 2020 5:29

@Albert.
Nothing can go faster than the speed of light, so the Star Trek writers needed the hypothetical “warp coil” to warp space, so they could cut the corner and get there sooner, before light that for some unknown reason has to take the long way round.

Star Trek and the warp coil are both a fiction.
I live in the real world.
integer

Postby integer » Feb 05, 2020 16:08

Richard wrote:@Albert.
Nothing can go faster than the speed of light, ... .

@richard,
Everyone knows that. duh!
The warp-coil shortens the distance so that it appears as if it's faster that light.
It shrinks the distance to the orion nebula from a few light years to a few meters.
The universe's internet archives indicate that FreeBasic was the language used control the instrument -- for proof look at the March 2123 issue, page 42.
AND by the way the warp-coil is powered by the flux-capacitor which was invented in 1955 -- which means that by the 22rd century the patent
will have expired-- thus avoiding the problems with europe's control of intellectual property.

What? Oh, darn, the doorbell. It's time to travel faster than light back to the the real world....
badidea

Postby badidea » Feb 05, 2020 18:35

integer wrote:... for proof look at the March 2123 issue, page 42 ...

Really? Can you post a copy, I cannot find it. Who would think that 'link rot' is still a thing in 2208?
I thought that wrap-drive was already obsolete back then, and replaced by the infinite improbability drive.

Edit: I mean warp-drive :-)
dodicat

Postby dodicat » Feb 05, 2020 19:11

Well, somebody manages to travel faster than the speed of light if only one of the thousands of UFO sightings is genuine.
Who in their right mind would want to live in a tin box for decades (our time), to get from A to B?
Can we equate them with us, some seem similar to us by all accounts, one head and two of most other things.
What an arrogant species we are stating a fact about a universe we know virtually nothing about.
As we stand humans are a sedentary species, not designed (or destined) for any great speed, so we put on an artificial limit, more to satisfy our own mindsets than anything else.
badidea

Postby badidea » Feb 05, 2020 19:27

I don't think you will life very long in a spaceship made from tin :-p

And you don't need to travel faster then the speed of light to get somewhere fast. Exactly at the speed of light gets you everywhere in no time. Unfortunately, you can still arrive to late at work then, even without traffic jams.
albert

Postby albert » Feb 05, 2020 20:05

With the space-ship I encountered , back in 2003

I didn't actually see the ship , it was nestled in the clouds..
There was a hole in the clouds and a pale blue beam was coming down..

There were glowing orbs coming down in the beam...and they were all talking
It sounded like a hundred radio announcers , all talking at the same time.. ( like a party going on. )

The beam was a pale blue , sky-blue color...
So: Maybe some frequency of light , allows you to defy gravity....???

The problem with light , is that it spreads out as it travels...The beam was coherent...
If it was light or particles , it would have spread out as it came down...
I don't think an 8 foot wide laser was behind it...Bu it could've been..
albert

Postby albert » Feb 05, 2020 20:58

Maybe some frequency of light creates a water-like effect.. Where you become buoyant
And you can swim around , in the light... ( up or down ) ???
badidea

Postby badidea » Feb 05, 2020 21:06

albert wrote:And you can swim around , in the light... ( up or down ) ???

You should have tried. Now, we will have to wait for another one to know.
albert

Postby albert » Feb 05, 2020 22:20

Maybe some frequency of light causes a buoyancy ,

Where you get sucked toward the light source. like a Photo-Bernoulli effect... ( StarWars Tractor-Beam.. )

Then you pulse the laser to get a downward effect...

When the laser is off you fall some amount , and then the laser comes back on and you float.
So the laser pulsing , would allow you to slowly fall to the ground... Alternating falling and floating..
dodicat

Postby dodicat » Feb 05, 2020 22:49

My sister had one of these UFO encounters many years ago.
Who am I to argue with her, I wasn't there.
We see everything through a slow moving electromagnetic radiation, we call it electromagnetic because of experiments we have devised to study it.
We worked out it's speed in a field (actual grassy type field) with a cog wheel a mirror a rev counter and a lamp.
We created a gravitational constant with heavy spheres on torsion wires in a room.

If a person studies applied maths / physics over a number of years, if it is a career, then they become adept at slinging around formulas, equations. The Schrodinger wave equation for instance, becomes one basic tool of their trade.
Like Albert, they try out various combinations and plug ins, They try and equate results with observations.
Academics tend to ignore Lay people and amatuers.
Same with biologists, geologists e,t.c., If they have put the time and effort into a chosen field, they feel they are pathfinders, human nature I suppose.
If I rubbish somebodies work and they prove successful, then I have rubbished myself.
And rubbishing somebodies efforts merely reduces you to a killjoy anyway, whether or not success follows.

Maybe there is a certain part of the spectrum with hidden properties.
Could be some sort of resonance, perhaps it interacts with gravity.
Maybe it is a very critical wavelength, perhaps to hundreds of decimal places, otherwise the effect does not manifest itself.
Who knows.

Anyway I am in the middle of an argument with so called environment people who want to cut down native woodland and introduce cattle.
For once instead of being an armchair moaner I take on the role of activist up against organisations and land owners.
These woods are hidden, I have mentioned them vaguely before on the forum, so I work alone.
It is a bigger task than Albert's decompressor I would guess, and I am not a qualified environmental scientist.
but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try.

Return to “General”