Creating Videos of FB Programs?

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
Eclipzer

Creating Videos of FB Programs?

Post by Eclipzer »

Does anyone know how to capture audio/video of an FB program while its running? I'd like to build trailers of my projects and upload them. Any help would be appreciated.
h4tt3n

Post by h4tt3n »

Google "free video capture software"

I checked out CamStudio and Debut, and they both seem nice. But there are dozens...
sir_mud

Post by sir_mud »

Fraps can do that, but it is not free software. The free version will put an overlay on any video created with it.
BPak

Post by BPak »

I use WINK and it is free software.
fbisgood

For Linux Platform, XVidCap

Post by fbisgood »

Hi;

On SuSE 10.3 platform, I use XVidCap for screenshots and for mpeg videos capture, and it yields good results.

But, but... :

For Linux systems, you must install priorly several "av codecs" and if you yet do not know HowTo, it surely shall constitute a severe headache. But, once you get acquainted with av codecs of Linux, everything will run in the smoothest way.

And also, you must setup at first [because softies such as XVidCap need them ] :

- DocBook Tools;

- ScrollKeeper Tools.

If you use SuSe Linux [which I recommend always] , it is very easy to install DocBook and ScroolKeeper tools; because, they are "embedded" in the YAST of SuSE.

So if you mark their checkboxes inside YAST GUI, you'll get them flawlessly. But, for av codecs it's different, you must install them yourself.

To install also "TermCap" [always via YAST] would be a wise decision too.

A dual core, or HyperThreaded CPU would be ideal though not obligatory.

Sincerely,

FreeBasicandSuSELinuxAreGood
krcko

Post by krcko »

i use CamStudio and i've used to use SnagIt, both of them are quite good
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

For anyone that is a VMware Workstation user - don't forget the video capture option that is available. It gives a good smooth capture.

Bruce
barok

Post by barok »

http://www.zdsoft.com/

They got some nice recording software, and some of it is free.
wallace

Post by wallace »

You could BSAVE the screen to sequentially named BMPs. Most media creators will load entire sequences all at once. I know that Quicktime will, from there export it to whatever format you'd like.