Presentation and questions about freebasic

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
paul doe

Re: Presentation and questions about freebasic

Post by paul doe »

zelda64bit wrote:in case you have a tutorial that will teach you the basics
I can't recall a game tutorial for FreeBasic under 10 lines of code...

Anyone up for the challenge?

;)
badidea

Post by badidea »

What? A guessing game is a game right? If we set the line limit to 80 characters, only 1 line is needed for code and 9 are left for comment to explain the program. Should be very well possible?
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

badidea wrote:What? A guessing game is a game right? If we set the line limit to 80 characters, only 1 line is needed for code and 9 are left for comment to explain the program. Should be very well possible?
Indeed, but that would be 'cheating', no? ;)

Besides, the code would wind up hardly readable. The challenge would be thus to code a game (fun, if at all possible) in the least amount of code possible (10 lines is too limiting, I guess), and as readable as possible...

I distinctly remember a national computer magazine back in the early 90's held up a competition like this. The code should fit one of their printed pages (about 30 LOC, 80 chars wide), and it being fun was a requirement. The winner was 'Bichos Race' (Bug Race) which was a two player game where two 'bugs' raced against each other in an obstacle race. However, the control scheme was crazy: one player jumped with the left mouse button, and the other with the right mouse button. According to Gianni Sabbione (the guy in charge of that section of the magazine), all the office was playing it and were having a lot of fun.

=D