Sending udp data to another network device...

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
Rainwulf

Sending udp data to another network device...

Post by Rainwulf »

Trying to find a simple way to send UDP packet data to an arduino on the network that has an ethernet interface.

Whats incredibly infuriating is that the search function ignores short words!

Not only that, but a few examples use network.bi which i cant find ANYWHERE. I just want to send a bit of packet data heh.

I also found this: http://ext.freebasic.net/dev-docs/files ... ket.client

but i cant find any examples on how to use the functions either.

and same here:
http://ext.freebasic.net/dev-docs/files ... et-bi.html
Rainwulf

Re: Sending udp data to another network device...

Post by Rainwulf »

Well, some good news. I used the SDL example and now can send specific data across the network to my arduino, and have it display on the serial console window.

Would anyone be interested in what code i ended up using?
sancho3

Post by sancho3 »

In this thread Boromir posts code called network.bi. I am not sure it is the one you are looking for but it seems to be.
Use Google to search for forum posts unless you need the advanced search options.

Edit:
I just noticed that you posted your request in the very thread I linked here. Did you not see that code or is it not the one you were looking for?
Rainwulf

Post by Rainwulf »

I cant find network.bi to download. I spent an hour on google trying to find the location of network.bi, as that would have suited me perfectly.

no luck though, i ended up using the SDL example.

Oh and you cant search for network.bi on the forums! as .bi is too short a term!
Rainwulf

Post by Rainwulf »

sancho3 wrote:In this thread Boromir posts code called network.bi. I am not sure it is the one you are looking for but it seems to be.
Use Google to search for forum posts unless you need the advanced search options.

Edit:
I just noticed that you posted your request in the very thread I linked here. Did you not see that code or is it not the one you were looking for?

oh im an bright. He actually POSTED network.bi there!!!!

yep im an bright.
sancho3

Post by sancho3 »

I Googled "freebasic network.bi" and found only forum posts and nothing really obvious. So I read into a bunch of the threads and noticed it there.
It was a tough one.
Rainwulf

Post by Rainwulf »

sancho3 wrote:I Googled "freebasic network.bi" and found only forum posts and nothing really obvious. So I read into a bunch of the threads and noticed it there.
It was a tough one.
Yea, there isnt much about there on google about it, and with the search function effectively broken on this forum for short words, which is to be honest rather silly, you cant even do searches for the a bunch of the actual language, like "FOR" and "DO"