GUI for Linux?

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
hedergabor

Re: GUI for Linux?

Postby hedergabor » Oct 06, 2016 15:07

I finished the first version of my PHP5 script and I think it is maybe helpful for someone else. This script does some prework before pindent.py is used for Python GUI scripts.

I created a temporary web page for it at my website. The URL probably shall change time after time. This is the path from the root directory :

/prog/temp/pythconv.php_0.1_alfa.php

For example :

"teanarancs.atwebpages.com/prog/temp/pythconv.php_0.1_alfa.php"

Edit :

The above link/URL is not available anymore.

This is the sourceforge.net project page :
sourceforge.net/projects/alma-pyconv

This is my latest test page :
http://teanarancs.hostfree.pw/converter/converter.php
Last edited by hedergabor on Mar 07, 2019 14:53, edited 3 times in total.
caseih

Postby caseih » Oct 06, 2016 15:43

So what does this script of yours do? Does it translate FreeBASIC source code somehow?
hedergabor

Postby hedergabor » Oct 06, 2016 16:08

No, it converts python source file. Everything is in my web page. I do not want to write too much in my post again.
St_W

Postby St_W » Oct 07, 2016 13:56

hedergabor wrote:No, it converts python source file. Everything is in my web page. I do not want to write too much in my post again.

Unfortunately your homepage is very hard to read (why such a huge font size? targeted at 800x600 nowadays?) and pretty unstructured - there's not even a common navigation menu. Furhtermore it's hard (at least for me) to follow your descriptions.
caseih

Postby caseih » Oct 07, 2016 14:25

Clear as mud. I guess I was confused because this is the topic "GUI for Linux" and I thought it had something to do with FreeBASIC and this topic. Since this has nothing to do with FB GUIs for Linux, I suggest you start a new topic, instead of hijacking this one.
D.J.Peters

Postby D.J.Peters » Oct 07, 2016 15:36

geany and FLTK C for FreeBASIC

Joshy
hedergabor

Postby hedergabor » Oct 08, 2016 16:32

St_W :
That is just a temporary web page. There are no real instructions in that web page. I had no time to maintain my codes and prepare an introduction page. I simply wrote everything I could. The whole stuff is in early alfa stage yet. I like large fonts, sorry for that.

caseih :
After my earlier post it can be relatively clear what is all about : Python GUI scripts additionally for FB main programs. (Both for Linux and Windows.) That converter is a great help for me, because I often get troubled when I try to write Python codes. My converter script is not a very good stuff and probably never shall be, so it comes with very week readability for other programmers. My success is that I could write something what is working some way for me as a poor additional code converter for pindent.py.
No, I do not wanted to start a new topic. I have not enough stuff for that. But I plan to make web pages for my project, when everything have already been maintained properly for an introduction. (Some FB widgets, GTK dialogues, the converter, Python EasyGUI and Tkinter examples for the converter, FB and Python modules to support command passing and file I/O communication between the FB main program and Python GUI scripts.) But I mainly develop it for myself, and that web pages shall be a support for me as a reminder. For anybody else that shall be a free option to download and use my stuff. I do not think that it shall need a post in this forum.

I only created my temporary web page, because I have no more time for this stuff recently. I thought it maybe can be helpful for someone. 'pycon.bas' is certainly a very unlucky filename, that can be anything like 'converter.bas'. I will rename it, but not in the next weeks.

Return to “Beginners”