fbc.exe not compiling

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
pablo

fbc.exe not compiling

Post by pablo »

I modified a program I was using and tried to compile it with fbc.exe but it would not compile. After searching for errors I wrote the simple hello program and it would not compile either. Norton gave me a warning that the software did not have a security certificate but I ignored it. What could be happening?
Roland Chastain

Re: fbc.exe not compiling

Post by Roland Chastain »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can't remember where I did put my crystal ball. :)

So, what is the code that you try to compile? What is your operating system? How do you compile? What is the error message?
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

also tell what version of operating system you are using and the FreeBASIC installation path, and please read the posts at http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=24217
pablo

Post by pablo »

The operating system is Windows 7 professional. One of the simple programs that won't compile is:

Print "hello"
sleep

The freebasic files appear in downloads. The program I am trying to run is saved as hello.bas and I cannot create an executable file opening it with fbc.exe .
fxm

Post by fxm »

In which directory is your file 'fbc.exe'?
From this directory, when you enter in command line 'fbc hello.bas', what is the compiler response?
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

you probably have FreeBASIC installed in C:\Program Files\FreeBASIC and the example you are trying to compile is likely in the examples folder
the reason it won't compile is that the folder is protected, it is simpler to have FB installed in a folder that's not protected, that' why I asked you to read the posts at http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=24217
also, at the bottom of that thread are pre-packaged FB+FbIde that you can download and unzip to anywhere you like
fxm

Post by fxm »

His operating system is Windows 7!
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

fxm wrote:His operating system is Windows 7!
Well, they said
Hi installed Freebasic on my linux mint 17.2 but when I'm compiling i get this error. .
;)
fxm

Post by fxm »

Excuse me, I was focused on pablo's problem!
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

You're right, I should have just split the topic which I did now. Sorry about the noise!