Two versions of FreeBasic at the same time...

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
Anticuario

Two versions of FreeBasic at the same time...

Post by Anticuario »

Hi fellas!

I was just looking around with stuff like AuraFlow, and I saw that current FreeBasic version is not compatible with that library. Mi question is; it is posible to have two versions of FreeBasic? For example the version .15 and the version .20

Thank you!
relsoft

Re: Two versions of FreeBasic at the same time...

Post by relsoft »

Anticuario wrote:Hi fellas!

I was just looking around with stuff like AuraFlow, and I saw that current FreeBasic version is not compatible with that library. Mi question is; it is posible to have two versions of FreeBasic? For example the version .15 and the version .20

Thank you!
Auraflow?
rolliebollocks

Post by rolliebollocks »

I believe you (if you're looking for an older version of FB) can find one added with FB IDE. As I recall, it's out of date.

You should not have a problem installing two different ver ... wait ... Auraflow? It sounds like new age laxative or something.

... Anyway, the best choice is to update the library's header... The source of the corruption can usually be found there.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

AuraFlow = AFLib2

A.A.P's game library.
Mysoft

Post by Mysoft »

convince the author to update the library... isnt that hard work... and will be better for many other people... than stop in time with an old freebasic version ^^"
tinram

Post by tinram »

If the library can't be updated - on Windows XP (and probably Vista) it would seem to be fine. I've got FB 0.16, 0.17, 0.18, and 0.20 versions all still usable (from their differently-named directories) on a single PC (simply because I didn't uninstall the last version on each new install). I can't comment though for version 0.15, or multiple installs on Linux.
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

Imortis wrote:AuraFlow = AFLib2

A.A.P's game library.
Ows?

AAP is part of Auraflow along with a few other guys.

(AAP if you're reading this, we may be able to redo FJ in FB.)
Skyler

Post by Skyler »

I have FreeBASIC 0.15 and 0.20 in FreeDOS. Separate directories. Other than having to run 0.15 from its own directory(because I took it out of the PATH to avoid confusion), I think it works fine.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

The FreeBASIC folder is mainly self-contained - FB doesn't rely on Registry entries or config files, and while it can be controlled in a couple of ways by environment variables, these are usually unset, or could possibly be set in a batch file that calls fbc.

It finds its default Includes and libraries within its main folder, and in the Windows versions, it also finds additional programs such as the assembler and linker there.

I have several different versions of FB located in different folders on the same computer, and can use any of them without any conflict issues. I believe there are also people who use it from a USB drive without difficulties.