Tip: The better Arduino "clones".

For issues with communication ports, protocols, etc.
D.J.Peters

Tip: The better Arduino "clones".

Post by D.J.Peters »

The company "Logic green" designed an ATmega328P compatible chip.

Search for "LGT8F328p"

The LGT8F328p can be used in 3.3V and 5V environments and runs with 32KHz - 32 MHz.
Yes double as an "original" 16 MHz ATmega328P :-)

The hardware design of the LGT8F328p is newer and has some more features as the good old ATmega328P.
(I read the complete specs of the original Chinese PDF and a shorter bad translated version)
For example if you run the LGT8F328p with the same speed as an ATmega328P 8/16 MHz accessing 16 bit are double so fast !
How faster with 32 MHz ? :-)

Youtube how to enable 32 MHz and prime number benchmark with the Arduino IDE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myfeqrl3QP0

I got the Mini-EVB Arduino Nano V3.0 compatible for 1,70€ including shipping to Germany !

Joshy

This is a Mini-EVB Arduino Nano V3.0 with LGT8F328p chip.

This is the Wemos TTGO XI 8F328P U Board (1,60 €)

This is a Uno design with with LGT8F328p chip.

This board with LGT8F328p chip is good for many sersors and servos.
Last edited by D.J.Peters on Oct 12, 2022 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
badidea

Re: Tip: The better Arduino "clones".

Post by badidea »

D.J.Peters wrote:I read the complete specs of the original Chinese PDF and a shorter bad translated version
You can read Chinese as well?
D.J.Peters wrote:I got the Mini-EVB Arduino Nano V3.0 compatible for 1,70€ including shipping to Germany !
I can't stop thinking that some things are very wrong in this world.

Anyway, what are you going to do with it?
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

badidea wrote:
D.J.Peters wrote:I... what are you going to do with it?
I self don't use the Arduino IDE stuff.
I found out I learn more if I use the GNU compiler tool chain and my favorite CodeBocks IDE and of course an ATMEL AVR programmer "clone".
I will test my 16bit color display code with the fast 16bit access from the LGT8F328p chip.

No concrete project but some fun for 1,70€ you know !

But in the winter I want to build my own PCB router and possibly use an AVR chip to control the stepper motors and the "end stop" switches.

Joshy
Munair

Post by Munair »

I use some Arduino Uno's to measure electricity in the atmosphere. This was a bit of a challenge because there was almost no information about setting up a circuit to do that. I use the TL081 and TL071 OpAmps whereby pin 3 acts as an antenna. Although these OpAmps are often considered the same, there actually is an important difference. The TL071 has noise reduction, and this can be seen by the output when scaled to millivolts; there is less fluctuation in the signals.