Multikey spyware detection

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
chung

Multikey spyware detection

Post by chung »

i have a trojan malware detection by bitdefender(sourceforge) and many on virustotal.com when i make a small program just containing a call to fb Multikey(..)
is there a problem with freebasic (i use frbedit + freebasic 1.05-win32 ) or is it just me ?
JJFlash

Re: Multikey spyware detection

Post by JJFlash »

Hi, I had a similar problem with a friend of mine: I sent him a small console executable where I use Multikey to monitor the cursor keys and the ESC key. His antivirus complained about something; my friend then selected the option to run the program nevertheless, and it started fine but the keys weren't working, he actually had to force-close it (I monitored the ESC key to exit the program).

Since that was a console executable, I modified the program so that it used the graphics screen instead of the console, and then the antivirus didn't complain and the program worked as expected.

Yeah, it may have something to do with spyware/keylogger blocking.

But here's a weird thing: before I opted to use the graphics screen, I made a "debug version" where I scanned the whole keyboard with Multikey (one key at a time in a For-Next loop) and printed on screen the OR result of all the keycodes; the antivirus still complained, but then the keys were working, in console mode! Go figure :)
chung

Re: Multikey spyware detection

Post by chung »

the multikey function works well but it causes spyware detection.

i use "windows gui" mode with just screenres + if multikey(sc_space) then exit for

it doesnt happens if i use if inkey<>"" then exit for