MongoDB

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
blu1970

MongoDB

Post by blu1970 »

Good morning and good work to all,
I am very interested in working with mongodb and I wanted to know if anyone could connect freebasic ..
or adapt the original mongoc connector libraries ..
I need help
Thank you all
Paul
D.J.Peters

Re: MongoDB

Post by D.J.Peters »

Wikipedia wrote:MongoDB has been dropped from the Debian, Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributions due to the licensing change. Fedora determined that the SSPL version 1 is not a free software license because it is "intentionally crafted to be aggressively discriminatory" towards commercial users.
I self won't support it but you can use the C interface with FreeBASIC.

Joshy
Lost Zergling

Re: MongoDB

Post by Lost Zergling »

Hello. I'm back. I developed the LZLE project (a library for manipulating lists) with the idea of ​​using it later as a step towards NoSQL technologies. Creating an original NoSQL engine in FreeBasic would be a long-term project, condemned to a follower role. See as a professional and industrialized language FB is stuck between Java + Python & Maths extension technologies on the one hand, C ++ & NoSQL technologies on the other hand. However, you can automate the use of NoSQL databases by creating, for example, separate databases separated by scripts. In this type of architecture, the output data are processed by a Python, C ++ or other type of language and will be input by one or another NoSQL database. It is a bit heavy, but it does not go against the spirit of a NoSQL type process which is oriented flow processing. So architecture and algorithms should be considered, which would be a priori more difficult than soliciting and setting up potential connectors, but probably just as effective, if not better.