Nominations for Forum Moderators

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
angros47

Re: Nominations for Forum Moderators

Post by angros47 »

I, too, nominate Imortis: he has already proved his skills with the magazine Back2Basic, he would be a good moderator
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi all!

Nominations:
fxm , TJF
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

It's great to see so many people nominated at this stage. I think I count 10 people nominated so far, 4 of them at least twice, and one person accepting/volunteering. Thanks for everyone who has nominated so far. Hopefully many nominees might be thinking of accepting, and it's not too late to volunteer, or to nominate someone.

People who ultimately want to be included in the voting list will need to think about how they would intend to moderate, and post their views/attitudes towards the role. We can probably afford to allow people a bit of time to think about what they want to say.
We don't want this to dissuade anyone from putting themselves forward, it's to help everyone who votes to know how to choose wisely.
Provoni

Post by Provoni »

fxm
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

fxm

Joshy
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

I nominate fxm & TJF.
Roland Chastain

Post by Roland Chastain »

fxm
fxm

Post by fxm »

I said before:
fxm (https://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=254451#p254451) wrote:Although I am on the forum every day and for a long time, I am not currently a candidate to be moderator on this forum:
- I am more interested in the purely technical side than in the relational and human side.
- My level of English does not allow me to perfectly judge the politeness or non-politeness of an expression.

However, I want to keep my current privileges on the Documentation forum and act here rather as a technical moderator.
Currently I do not systematically read all the posts (no the time or-else the desire to read all the posts in some forum topics that do not interest me much, such as all that is Hardware Interfaces / Communication, Game, Dos, Linux).

After a second thought, if many people think I can do this extra task, without penalizing my current role on the forum and documentation I want to maintain, why not try this role of moderator and see how it goes?
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

fxm
I have nominated only one (Imortis).
But if I am allowed two I will second your name.

As far as Linux goes, you should have no real problems there.
Simply because no two members have the same distro, so any discrepancies must surely come to nothing.

For Dos, well they seem to be a nostalgic group, stuck forever in some kind of time warp with little energy for a fight.

For Hardware/Interfaces/Communications and Games, there are agitators there for sure, but really only conspicuous by their absence.

I would volunteer to help with nasty members North of the border (The English border) if you like, in the form of home visits.
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

My favourites choices would be : St_W (for the frankness of the remarks), fxm (for didactical precision), and.. coderJeff (for common sense and FreeBASIC Discussion December 2017). My respectful greetings to everyone here. I do not wish to apply despite the immense hopes it could arouse.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

[1]
The moderator's job will be to help take responsibility for the community of users, developers, and participants here, to help maintain order and peace, and to help the on-line community thrive, as a place where we can share ideas and projects, and help people out.

An important part of this role will be to help define the rules around how the forums function, and how people create and contribute to threads, and when/how those rules should be enforced.
[2]
Moderators should have a good working knowledge of the language and be able to explain aspects clearly.

The criteria for nomination is [1] and not [2].

If a candidate satisfies both [1] and [2] then [2] should be treated as a bonus and not the primary criteria.

I agree with MrSwiss' comments and would suggest the upcoming voting thread be posted as a temporary 'sticky' and, in view of the importance of this subject in the life of FreeBASIC, the voting thread should be visible for 28 days.

Criteria [1] should be repeated in the upcoming voting thread to remind members what they should be voting on.

Taking [1] into account only I nominate paul doe.
badidea

Post by badidea »

Lost Zergling wrote:... and.. coderJeff ...
I think coderJeff cannot be nominated, he is already burdened with the privileges.

I like to nominate the following 4 persons (if that is allowed, else count my nominations for 1/2 or 1/4), in random order:
  • Imortis
  • fxm
  • TJF
  • dodicat (just in case a hitman in Scotland is needed)
grindstone

Post by grindstone »

dodicat wrote:I would volunteer to help with nasty members North of the border (The English border) if you like, in the form of home visits.
Could it be you *slightly* misunderstood the tasks of a moderator? <grin>
lizard

Post by lizard »

I would nominate Dodicat. He understands perfectly english and is often here. Thats necessary for this job.
nimdays

Post by nimdays »

D.J.Peters

fxm

dodicat

MrSwiss

I think they are quite active around here.