my best effort

For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
owen

Re: my best effort

Postby owen » Nov 30, 2018 12:14

The fbcadcam Philippines project is about freeBASIC but also much more.
We are fortunate indeed that Sir Emerson (an engineer who works in a pudding factory) is part of this project.

https://www.fbcadcam.net/forum/viewtopi ... p=531#p527
owen

Postby owen » Nov 30, 2018 12:42

Although Sir Emerson is unfamiliar with freeBASIC (for the moment), he is a good candidate for understanding freeBASIC. However he works a full time job and his contribution to the project may better serve as a math teacher and other things for example, he will soon be helping them build the frame to hold the maslow cnc router. His attitude, willingness to help reminds me of counting_pine:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7441&start=60

counting_pine was reluctant to do the math for me yet because he was willing to share (teach me / "help out") i was able to move on an continue the work for the fbcad project...

I was just reviewing the posts in the fbcad project to try and best select a fb forum moderator and still undecided. Who ever is selected to mod the forum I will say in advance to that mod, thanks. And ps I know I have overstepped the forum rules as of recent in many ways and I thank you all for the leniency.
owen

Postby owen » Jan 23, 2019 18:52

I head to the PI tomorrow.
At the moment I am home doing some last minute things like take the Christmas lights off the roof (maybe). Actually i'm constepating about that idea rather i thought i would try to figure out how to use CURL and hopefully share it with the kids in the pi but im retarded cuz i cant get it to work. this stuff about missing this or that dll file has me stumped. if'n anyone would like to help me know how to get curl to working give me a shout.

anyhow... wife and i are quite excited to see the kids and i hope to share vast amounts of FB know how with them during my 2 week stay.
ps you (the fb community) are welcome to skype (live) with me if'n u b so inclined.

cheers, owen
owen

Postby owen » Jan 23, 2019 19:28

congrats to the Imortis wish you well for such a task. and congrats to the FB community... let's move forward.
and to dodicat, wow, 40 years in service on the big blue u got my respect for that in itself. im ex squid 6 yrs submarine service (85 - 91).
once 7.5 months under with only snorkeling for a breath of fresh air a few days somewhere in between.
at least that how i remember it. ps i looked into that bit of detail about a year ago only to find out my sea story was a bit embellished as records show we came up for a breath of fresh air a couple times and for perhaps a couple weeks but no matter i like my memory (version) better.

Return to “Community Discussion”