Treasures lost or sleeping in old discussions

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Roland Chastain

Treasures lost or sleeping in old discussions

Post by Roland Chastain »

Hello! I spent some hours by flying over old discussions in forum Projects directory. It's incredible how many treasures are sleeping in these discussions.

Unfortunately, many links to source code are broken. For example, the Sleepwalker game seems to be lost, and also so many beautiful programs by Kristopher Windsor.

I would like to start a discussion where we could gather links to unfairly forgotten projects, and where we could also share old ZIP files sleeping in hard disks.

I begin with some interesting projects I have just discovered or rediscovered.

Asteroids Remake
BeGemmed
Checkers
Master Code Breaker
Pacman
ParaChuters
Stickman demo

Has someone kept a copy of the Sleepwalker?
Last edited by Roland Chastain on Apr 09, 2018 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
paul doe

Re: Treasures lost or sleeping in old discussions

Post by paul doe »

Hi Roland,

I find this post by Tourist Trap an incredibly useful resource:

The big review

It can save you a lot of time.

Cheers!
Roland Chastain

Post by Roland Chastain »

Very useful post indeed. Thank you.

Some other interesting links.

Animation Class
Another Tetris
Ever box
Simple Recursive Tree Generator
Last edited by Roland Chastain on Apr 28, 2018 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

Roland Chastain wrote:Very useful post indeed. Thank you.
You're welcome. There are, indeed, some incredibly cool stuff buried in the forum (and those don't count the code that's inside some other threads). Happy hunting =D
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

I'm with Roland on this one!!! I think we should probably start a new forum specifically for:

"Does anyone have a copy of .... ?"

Just starting at the very beginning of Tourist Trap's "the big review"... almost every post by 1000101 included a download link to his code - and those links are all dead. Almost none of his code was in-lined in his topics. (And there are a couple of things there that I would like to see myself).

I'm betting there are *tons* of items that are missing from the forums that people still have copies of... stashed away somewhere.

And I believe that if we had a forum to ask for those things - a lot of them could be recovered that way.

A topic does *not* work for this. How many members go back and review the last 60 posts to "Squares" that they missed?

People would need to be able to scroll through individual "requests" topics in order to make this useful... it needs a forum. And I believe it would be a highly utilized forum.