What happened to the code of conduct thread?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
integer

Re: What happened to the code of conduct thread?

Post by integer »

Tourist Trap wrote: ...
Ok I have to test fb on my new Christmas computer, a 64bit win10 system... It will be a very big jump ... !
@TT
If you have time, please list and explain what you did.

I have a WenTen.
I installed the fb_1.05 ver from the forum web site.
and brought in the headers & libs.
Not the success wanted.
winnt.bi & windows.bi are the primary cause of crashes.
I'm wroking on it. <-- you might think I mean working, but that's what's happening.
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

integer wrote: @TT
If you have time, please list and explain what you did.
For now nothing very impressive, just grabbed the portable version as a zip file. I'm unzipping it right now. It's quite long!

What I can say is that I'm not to much at ease with my new win10 thingy for the moment. The computer itself is a tiny thing, a Asus transformer (kind of tablet with a keyboard). I had to download and customize a lot, why I still have not played with code.

I will try right when the zip will finish and give you fresh news! Hopefully it will work??
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

integer wrote: If you have time, please list and explain what you did.
Hi again, so it works!

But, thats only a dumb hello world demo. I writed a batch file with a fbc command that does fbc "hello10.bas"

I put the batch + the bas file where FBC executable lies in the freebasic portable directory. And it compiled a hello10 that I could execute with no fault.

What I can say now is that I'll have to equip my win10 with the developer mode (see parameters, activation)... Then if it successfully install I think I'll be able to write .bat files and so on from the same computer.... For now I had to play with a sd card...

Did you get the portable zip file of FB64 or some installer?

I'm in home edition for win10, the very basic stuff then.