time to say goodbye

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
aurelVZAB

Re: time to say goodbye

Post by aurelVZAB »

well what to say then good luck even I and mr.DJPeters not agree in some things
but who cares that is part of life like everything else.
contribution of DJ ti FB is really big and i appreciate that
personally i am not involved into FB very much because i prefer to use something else
which is bythe way created with FreeBasic what i proof that i like FB indirectly - YES that is truth!
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

Lifetime is to short looks like I must learn
to ignore online trolls and idiots = "I meant overbearing and (penetrant in german) guys"

Joshy
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

good to read from you D.J.Peters :-)
mrToad

Post by mrToad »

srvaldez wrote:good to read from you D.J.Peters :-)
I concur! :)
angros47

Post by angros47 »

Welcome back, D.J. Peters!
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Joshy wrote:I must learn to ignore online trolls and idiots
Actually, it is like having arthritis - it cannot be ignored - we just have to live with it. In addition, some days are not bad and others are dreadful.

Sometimes you will just snap - bottling it up is not the thing to do. Take a troll or an bright and give them a right 'ear bashing'. Not enough is not helpful. Too much and we could feel guilty. We have to get the balance right. <Ha, ha>
h4tt3n

Post by h4tt3n »

Dammit Joshy, I am really sorry about your decision to leave - mostly for entirely egoistical reasons. I meant to ask for your opinion on a project I have been working on for some time (the physics engine we have been discussing). Is there any way to contact you outside this forum?

Cheers, Mike
fxm

Post by fxm »

The advantage with trolls and idiots is that they do not engage (or very little) in very technical and concrete discussions under penalty of being quickly unmasked and ridiculed if they persevere.
That's why (but it's a shame) in forums that I only participate mainly in very technical topics.
Tourist Trap

Re: time to say ... Happy new year ;)

Post by Tourist Trap »

I just wanted to make a quick visit around here to wish everyone a very good and healthy new year, freely and basically speaking of course!

I was not around since a good amount of time now for career reason in real life so I'm not much in touch with those issues related to those trolls I hear about right here. I just don't know what can be the interest to troll here, this is not about politics or polemics stuff , just logic and programming. Just a place to share knowledge and promote creativity. Trolling here is then just a waste of time, since no troll ever would show neither logics nor creativity or any appetite for knowing techical stuff! ... So what's the use for this waste of time? It leaves me very puzzled...

If I can add this very modestly at the address of D.J.Peters, why not just ignoring this kind of issue until the next upgrade of the forum. Because there are ways to forbid troll of becoming invading by many systems like a system of rating the posts (even negatively) or a system of granting more access to the forum depending on an amount of contributions (for example you can't post somewhere else than in a newcommer section before your first 100 contributions. And so on. I don't know exactly what to do, but I know that to every problem we can usually find such technical apparatuses that can be sufficient to avoid the undue headaches!