The new website

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Re: The new website

Post by counting_pine »

Theunis Jansen wrote:What I would have liked to see is that the ISO standards for Time and Date be used.
If you go into the User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Global Settings, you should be able to get the ISO standard format by using a custom format, and put 'c' in the box. Or perhaps 'Y-m-d H:i:s' or similar. Personally, I'm quite liking the "Less than a minute ago / ..." format, although sadly that doesn't seem to be a field you can use in Custom..
Theunis Jansen

Post by Theunis Jansen »

Thanks Counting_Pine.
Actually with the Year, Month (- Dec as now indicated) and date it is okay. It is the USA format that is confusing especially when the day is 1 to 12.
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

roook_ph, it should be possible to edit or remove the website address on the Profile tab in the User Control Panel. And then hit Submit afterwards, that should do the trick.
roook_ph

Post by roook_ph »

Thanks dkl and Happy New Year to everybody
jevans4949

Post by jevans4949 »

It'll be fine when we get used to it.

Is there any way of putting in the header area of the forum some links back to the FB Main Page, and possibly other key sites?

Well done v1ctor and whoever else helped with the changeover.
MichaelW

Post by MichaelW »

For the forum, IMO the color selection for code blocks provides too little contrast, making the code hard to read, and the control panel provides no way to change this.
Theunis Jansen

Post by Theunis Jansen »

@ Counting_Pine
I have now set the date and time as suggested - Using Y-m-d H:i - and it is now displayed perfectly in the ISO standard.
Thanks again.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Is there an equivalent command to the previous one 'expand/compress' for code window?
petan

Post by petan »

Nice job, guys !
Unfortunatelly used www site color layout is not too much friendly to my eyes, maybe I am starting with grayscale eye troubles.Is here a possibility to change www layout to bigger contrast with dark background, or directly to previous ? All this is too light, sorry if i have something overlooked..

Pete
TJF

Post by TJF »

petan wrote:... Is here a possibility to change www layout to bigger contrast with dark background, or directly to previous ? All this is too light, sorry if i have something overlooked..

Pete
Merick wrote:agamemnus, you can get the user names back on the left side by selecting the subsilver2 board style in the board preferences in your user control panel
subsilver2 changes to a blue background (and prosilver as well):
  • User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> My board style
marcov

Post by marcov »

The default is now much better. Thanks to whoever did it.
petan

Post by petan »

"User settings " is the goal, thx.

But without logging ?? Seems me the color of items from Topics list ( some kind of green ) is similar to indiferent background / background is OK ;) /; so dark brown / blue, black color would be more for contrast .

Pete
fxm

Post by fxm »

MichaelW wrote:For the forum, IMO the color selection for code blocks provides too little contrast, making the code hard to read, and the control panel provides no way to change this.
I agree, and in addition the foreground color and background color of the code window are independent of the board style (Maxthon/prosilver/subsilver2).
pestery

Post by pestery »

I like the new website, but its a bit too bright for me (seems to be a popular comment).

I know nothing of website design so forgive me if this is a silly question, but what are the chances of adding a custom color section to the board preferences? Something in addition to, but separate from the board style setting, so that the user could set their preferred text colour, background colour, etc. I do like having the option for changing the board style, though the default (Maxthon) is my favorite anyway, even if it is blinding bright :-)
JL35

Post by JL35 »

Same advice for me, the green of the titles is too light, I preferred the blue before, and so is the grey of the texts, globally there is not enough contrast, and too much luminosity.