The new website

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
HD_

Post by HD_ »

I love seeing work happening on FB and the new site is looking great.

Some things I would change:
-text-align: justify; -- it just looks better [in my opinion].
-Get rid of the grey bar at the top, something about it just doesn't sit well with me.
-Add some more colour (below I use #BB0000 for the headers).

Here are screenshots of what it looks like with those changes (google chromes inspect element is sexy fun):
Click: http://i54.tinypic.com/21erno1.png
nkk_kan

Post by nkk_kan »

I don't think the bar is out of place..It gives kind of professional look and i just think it should be darker grey (like the header)
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

@HD_ Mm, I agree, I'm not going to say it's bad now, but I do quite like that screenshot.
fxm

Post by fxm »

http://www.freebasic.net/

Code: Select all

* About
    * Documentation
          o License
          o Beginner's Guide
          o Tutorials
          o User Manual
          o FAQS
    * Download
    * Community
Why "Beginner's Guide" to call the "Programmer's Guide" ?
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

I don't know, but I've changed it, thanks.
By the way, I've also added a feed for the recent project activity on sf.net, and there is also an aggregator for that and the wiki changes, which you can find at www.freebasic.net/aggregator, or www.freebasic.net/aggregator/rss.
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Can someone plz fix the manual links?
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

OK, is that working for you now?
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Yes it is, but I had to manually refresh... thanks.
fxm

Post by fxm »

With this new website, the FreeBasic archives have disappeared.
But in Wiki, it remains links with these.

- Main page FBWiki:
The FreeBASIC Archive
( http://www.freebasic.net/arch/ )

- Page CodeLibrary (for example):
Formats
JPEG image loader by Antoni
( http://www.freebasic.net/arch/category.php?id=6 )

And probably more!
Merick

Post by Merick »

Isn't there some other site search module that you can use? Something without adds and that doesn't connect to Big Brother Google?
fxm

Post by fxm »

Merick wrote:Isn't there some other site search module that you can use? Something without adds and that doesn't connect to Big Brother Google?
I do not look particularly for a module of code, but it is just for indicating that further to the disappearance of 'freebasic.net/arch', links are now broken in Wiki.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

(Fixed the Aggregator permissions, so now you should be able to see the feed in the freebasic.net sidebar.)

I don't know what's happened to www.freebasic.net/arch, though another dev might..
To be honest I was never particularly enamoured of it, mainly because it it needed admins to accept all additions, and occasionally someone would start a thread after about three attempts asking why the files hadn't appeared.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

counting_pine wrote:(Fixed the Aggregator permissions, so now you should be able to see the feed in the freebasic.net sidebar.)

I don't know what's happened to www.freebasic.net/arch, though another dev might..
To be honest I was never particularly enamoured of it, mainly because it it needed admins to accept all additions, and occasionally someone would start a thread after about three attempts asking why the files hadn't appeared.
Completed projects over about 1000 lines can no longer be posted with no archive.
It was easily accessibile.
I think it is a great loss, couldn't the moderator look after it should it return?
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

I just want to point out that the new site and this forum works flawlessly on opera mobile 6 and the 3ds browser. In fact I'm typing this reply in the 3ds! Great job guys!
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

dodicat wrote:Completed projects over about 1000 lines can no longer be posted with no archive.
It was easily accessibile.
I think it is a great loss, couldn't the moderator look after it should it return?
To be honest I don't know. As far as /arch is concerned, I'm basically just another community member with an opinion.
Maybe it'll come back, but in the meantime I think places like Google Code or Github (in particular Gist if line limit's the only issue) are better places and easier to use.