A Light Discussion

For other topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Dr_D

Postby Dr_D » May 06, 2011 21:14

Ahhh, monsters! Can't live with em, can't live without em. By the way, FB(FreeBASIC) didn't die. FB(FaceBook) just became stupid.... Oh, wait, it already was stupid. :p Anyway, doing good... yadya, yadda, yadda. Somebody make a cool game, damn it!
KristopherWindsor

Postby KristopherWindsor » May 06, 2011 22:14

The random sentence generator I made was in QBasic, and I probably didn't program well then. :P So IDK if I posted it, but definitely not here. It must still be on my computers somewhere.
It was simple: I pre-defined sentences like "[noun] [verb], [conjunction]..." and then had the various parts of speech replaced with words from a random list. I had a separate word list of subjects and direct objects so the sentences would sound right, but that's about all I remember. :P
anonymous1337

Postby anonymous1337 » May 06, 2011 23:06

@kiyotewolf:

I couldn't have imagined any of those details about your personal life. You're rather chipper. $15,000? What kind of game development is this? By the way, I'm a huge anime freak. Ever seen Soul Eater?

@Dr_D:

All right then. Put your money where your mouth is and make some (more) games already. The guy from Crayon Physics Deluxe makes a new game every month. You're way behind.

@KrisopherWindsor:

How's the game development scene going?
KristopherWindsor

Postby KristopherWindsor » May 07, 2011 1:10

Meh, game dev. I'm more into web dev now, and... trying to pick an apartment.
anonymous1337

Postby anonymous1337 » May 07, 2011 17:50

Good luck with that.

I've had to drop game development for business/web applications, because that's what makes money. It's not bad, though. Being pushed so hard has made me more productive in my free time.

I'm sure to go far with my hobbies once I find the time.
roook_ph

Postby roook_ph » May 07, 2011 22:47

The wine taster at an old vineyard died. A drunkard, looking ragged and dirty, came to apply. He persuaded the manager to give him a try. The drunkard was given a glass of wine. He swirled, smelled and drank a bit. “It's a red wine, Merlot, three years old, grown on the South Slope and matured in oak barrels." He said. "Impressive," said the manager.

The drunkard is given another. "Still a red wine, Cabernet, eight years old, from the Northeast slope, stored in a steel vats.” The manager was amazed. He winked at his secretary. The secretary understood and brought out a glass of urine. The drunkard tasted it and said. "It's a blond, 27 years old, three months pregnant, and if I don't get this job, I'll tell who the father is!"

I am a G***D*** plagiarist alright but best joke I have for a long time
Dr_D

Postby Dr_D » May 07, 2011 23:58

LOL! Sorry... have to add one... I love jokes. :)

A politician, an engineer, and a surgeon were at lunch together one afternoon, and the topic came up of who holds the record for the oldest profession. The surgeon said, "God created Eve from Adam's rib, which you could consider surgery... Therefore, I consider surgery the oldest profession." The engineer, a man of science, thought for a minute and decided to play on the surgeon's level, stating, "Well, Earth was created out of chaos in 7 days... you could consider that engineering, so I consider engineering the oldest profession." The politician said, through an ear bursting laugh, "Who do you think invented chaos?"
marcov

Postby marcov » May 08, 2011 13:48

That last one reminds me of a similar one:

An electrical, a mechanical and a civil engineer all sat down one day to try and decide of which of their faculties god must be to design the human body.

The electrical engineer says god must be an electrical engineer, for you only have to look at the complex nervous system powered be electrical impulses.

The mechanical engineer was sure that god must be a mechanical engineer, for the advanced mechanical systems, the heart a pump, the veins pipes and the tendons and muscles an advanced pulley system.

Finally after hearing the civil engineers arguments, both the mechanical and electrical engineer both agreed that god must be a civil engineer, for who else would run a sewer system through a recreational area!
TJF

Postby TJF » May 08, 2011 16:29

A balloonist got lost. So he sank down to earth and asked a man walking on the ground:
'Can you please tell me where we are?'

The man answered:
'We are at latitude 57 degree, 47 second and 24 minute north, longitude 34 degree, 28 second and 81 minute east and about 1000 feet over sea level.”

The balloonist said;
'Oooh, I guess you're an engineer?'

'Yes. How could you guess right?'

'I asked a clear question and you gave an exact answer. But I still don't know where I am and where to go.'

'So I guess you're a manager?'

'Yes. How could you guess right?'

'You neither know where you are nor where to go. And now you try to put the blame on somebody else!'

Return to “Community Discussion”