Meteorites - Letter I'm sending to all Airports

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
owen

Meteorites - Letter I'm sending to all Airports

Post by owen »

This is the letter I just sent to my local airport (orlando international airport). I encourage you to do the same for your local airport and encourage others to do the same.

Due to the recent report of an incident with a southwest airline:

I suspect micrometeorites are bombarding our air craft while in flight at high altitudes.
I suspect micrometeorites precede larger meteors.
I am suspicions that information is being with held from the general public in order to prevent panic.

I came to this conclusion based on a report from nasa who recently mentioned something about meteorites are common in the spring time for some unknown reason. Perhaps nasa stated this based on their statistical analysis but why make the statement now while we are experiencing pole shifts, extreme solar activity, elites and their bunkers, earthquakes, chem trails, haarp, etc...

Supposedly they (those that are known to hide the truth) are busy investigating this matter and reporting possible hairline fractures. Implying this may be basic wear and tear, manufacturer defect or a mismanagement of the safety practices. This all may be true, but what about those darn dime size holes next to the hairline fractures?

I am requesting independent investigative assistance from those that will help.
I request at a minimum, air port directors see to it that all air craft be visually inspected for possible meteorite impact damage prior to departure.
I request that all airport directors request their local media inform the general public that they are taking this simple and relatively inexspensive extra safety precaution.
Last edited by owen on Apr 06, 2011 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

Well pole shifts, extreme solar activity, and earthquakes have been happening for billions of years. I can't speak to your other examples. Dime sized holes sound like missing rivets.

And if there is a big asteroid headed for Earth. So what? We can't do anything about it. So bring it on!

Survival of the fittest!
-Vince
HD_

Post by HD_ »

owen

Post by owen »

Hey, I didn't think idea of dime sizes holes being a missing rivet. So if a hole is found adjacent to a rivet then what could it be?
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

owen wrote:Hey, I didn't think idea of dime sizes holes being a missing rivet. So if a hole is found adjacent to a rivet then what could it be?
A baby rivet?
owen

Post by owen »

oh, that gives me another idea. instead of plugging the hole with bubble gum, they pop another rivet to cover the strange hole.

well, so far no reply back from the orlando international airport.
owen

Post by owen »

@ hd
i checked out you twitter. how do you get that info?
i see your http://tomtaylor.co.uk/projects where you use the terminology, "scrape the nasa database". please contact me on skype user name opreese thanks
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

Earthquakes have nothing to do with small objects millions of miles away in space...

Nor does the Southwest incident. I could be wrong, though, but you're probably watching too many mediocre sci-fi planet disaster movies. :D
jevans4949

Post by jevans4949 »

Actully, NASA just released this to divert your attention away from what they are beaming down into your brain. I suggest you need to invest in a colander.

The colander will also provide 85% protection from micrometeorites.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Foil hats offer better protection from mind beams, but less protection from micro-meteorites. It's like 93% protection from mind beams, with a +6 bonus for being indoors, but only about .5 for the rocks. :p
HD_

Post by HD_ »

I didn't make that twitter feed. It says how they got the information- straight from NASAs Near Earth Object database: http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/

There is no conspiracy. Plus aliens will save us.
jevans4949

Post by jevans4949 »

We could send up Bruce Willis on the Space Shuttle ... Oh damn, they just scrapped it.
owen

Post by owen »

For those of you can help me research database info from faa and ntsb.
I'm trying to figure out how to run a query on the faa aids (accident incident database system) for :
DATE RANGE = last 6 months
MID AIR EVENTS

Naturally I'm searching for evidence of micrometeorite impacts.
My goal is to find date time and location of logged incident. I'm anticipating micrometeorite impacts are of meteors approaching earth at a 90 degree angle or spherical perpendicular. In other words, those meteors that are impacting the planes at high altitudes are those who's trajectories are such that they are not bouncing off or skimming the atmosphere.

need assistance getting data
thanks
Richard

Post by Richard »

Micrometeorites burn up well above aircraft flight levels. By the time a micrometeorite has fallen to a height of 10km it will be travelling slower than the aircraft. Collisions would result from flying into any remaining dust as it settled through the atmosphere. If there was much grit up there it would sandblast the outer surface of the windshield. Wind blown sand on the runway or volcanic dust at altitude is much more prevalent than micrometeorite dust.

If a hole in an aircraft was small then there is no problem as the air loss would be made up by the compressor. If a hole was big and threatened the integrity of the aircraft structure then it would be detected by the cabin pressure regulator, or if critical, the flight would become a statistic.

If bigger meteorites were really a problem then at night the sky would be continuously filled with spectacular shooting stars and we would expect many holes in the roofs of our houses and cars. We would hear the shock waves from the incoming supersonic meteorites throughout the day and night.

We can measure the number of micrometeorites at any time because they are used to reflect VHF radio signals in a propagation mode called meteor scatter. Those signals use short repeated digital packets, traffic rate increases whenever many meteor trails are available. See; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_scatter

There is a network of HF radar systems called SuperDARN that measure the wind speed in the upper atmosphere. They can do this by measuring the Doppler speed of the meteor ionisation trail as it drifts with the atmospheric wind. They can also resolve meteor size and time of entry. See; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperDARN

After each orbit of the Sun by a comet there is left a trail of small particles. These lie near the highly elliptical orbit of each comet. As the Earth circles the Sun each year it passes through those streams. That is why there are seasonal meteor showers. They are named after the constellation in the area of the sky that they appear to radiate from. The most prolific of the seasonal showers are the Perseids and Leonids. See the table at; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_sho ... or_showers

Statistically, there is insufficient probability of a meteorite impact with an aircraft to alone justify inspection. If the aircraft lands OK then critical damage was not sustained.

It is the aircraft that do not arrive that need to be examined. We need to question how many aircraft are lost for which a meteorite impact is the most probable explanation.
TESLACOIL

@ Richard

Post by TESLACOIL »

@ Richard

i think your on the ball ref micro meteorites burning up before reaching plane altitudes, and the larger deeply penetrating ones spread to thin to be of any real concern to the aviation industry

maybe in the history of aviation we have lost 1 plane to a bigger rock, not a lot you can do about it, brick size+ incoming at 25,000 mph +

you cant protect against everything, id rather the same money on spent interceptor nukes vs the extinction & city killer rocks. that would make more sense and it is A possible & B worthwhile dong something about that

I will agree with the OP that external threats are not getting the attention and funding required, though in the case of micro meteorites vs planes money and attention is better spent elsewhere. a quick bit of maths will put your mind at ease regarding micrometeorites