FreeBASIC C Emitter

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
John Spikowski

FreeBASIC C Emitter

Post by John Spikowski »

Can Victor or one of the other developers give the forum members an update where the FreeBASIC C emitter stands? I haven't seen a post about it in some time. (may not be looking in the right spot)
John Spikowski

Post by John Spikowski »

* REMOVED *
Last edited by John Spikowski on Mar 28, 2010 8:48, edited 1 time in total.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

Under Development

I think those working on improving FreeBASIC will let us know in their own time when/if there is something to share. It is presumptuous to ask for an update as if you are their project manager.

-Vince
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Vince, well said!

JohnB
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Gee, and here I thought OSS didn't have such arbitrary constraints. If you really want to know what's up, you can look at the commit logs.

http://cia.vc/stats/project/fbc
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

vdecampo wrote:It is presumptuous to ask for an update as if you are their project manager.
On the other hand the developers might consider such a high level of interest in their work and a broad curiosity for their results as a big compliment. ;-)
John Spikowski

Post by John Spikowski »

vdecampo wrote:Under Development

I think those working on improving FreeBASIC will let us know in their own time when/if there is something to share. It is presumptuous to ask for an update as if you are their project manager.

-Vince
Excuse me. I thought this was an open source Basic compiler project. Please leave the PowerBASIC mentality for those still not free from their chains. Most programmers contribute what they do best to multiple open sources projects. Loyalty is discouraged in the open source world. Help out as many projects as you can with your free time. It's all about sharing!
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

John Spikowski

WHO THE !@CK ARE YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO COUCH MY RESPONSES??

Yes this project is open source but that does not make anyone answerable to YOU! Why don't you tell us what updates YOU have made to this project? You can take your sanctimonious comments and shove them up your a$$.

-Vince
John Spikowski

Post by John Spikowski »

* REMOVED *
Last edited by John Spikowski on Mar 28, 2010 8:49, edited 1 time in total.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

John Spikowski wrote:Who the FUC*K are you to tell me what to say on an open source forum. Try contributing something rather then running your big mouth.

I give half my free time away to multiple open source projects. (ScriptBasic, BCX, All Basic community Basic forum, ...) Go be bitter somewhere else.
I'm so sick of hearing everything YOU do! You haven't done $hit for FB except bit*ch and complain and criticize!
Who the FUC*K are you to tell me what to say on an open source forum.
I never told you what to say, only that what you said was out of line and presumptuous (go look it up if you don't understand English)!
Try contributing something rather then running your big mouth.
Unlike you I don't need to constantly tell others what I do. I will let my forum support and contributions speak for themselves.

Go take your meds before you make more of an ass of yourself!
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

vdecampo, I don't think John is telling you what to do, or telling the devs what to do. I think it's not being presumptuous at all to ask the devs what their plans are once in a while.
marcov

Post by marcov »

John Spikowski wrote:
Excuse me. I thought this was an open source Basic compiler project.
So get the source and post those patches to the tracker. Open Source doesn't mean that the devels are everybodies slave.

Which is of course all irrelevant, since the Scriptbasic plug was probably the real reason, as usual.
John Spikowski

Post by John Spikowski »

* REMOVED *
Last edited by John Spikowski on Mar 28, 2010 8:50, edited 1 time in total.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

agamemnus wrote:vdecampo, I don't think John is telling you what to do, or telling the devs what to do. I think it's not being presumptuous at all to ask the devs what their plans are once in a while.
I appreciate your opinion however...
Please leave the PowerBASIC mentality for those still not free from their chains ...... Help out as many projects as you can with your free time. It's all about sharing!
I interpret this differently.

This has already gone farther than I should have let it and I apologize to the community for my outburst. John has always shown the ability to get under my skin and I guess he got through my defenses today.

-Vince
marcov

Post by marcov »

John Spikowski wrote:
Which is of course all irrelevant, since the Scriptbasic plug was probably the real reason, as usual.
Actually is was a plug for the BaCon project. ScriptBasic is being used instead of a shell script language.
Whatever

This is what I do.
Shamelessly promoting your pet projects on unrelated boards?
I think there is a lack of understanding what open source is all about on this forum.
Then please do explain what we don't get. (with the context of your original call, which was IMHO out of line)

Note that I agree with vdecampo, just not with his way of wording it.