One Reason (of Many) Why FB Forum is So Great

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
KristopherWindsor

One Reason (of Many) Why FB Forum is So Great

Post by KristopherWindsor »

...By relative comparison!!

I'm glad we don't have threads like this here:
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=350729

There is no need to read the whole thread; each page is practically a repeat of the first, and nothing ever happened there.

Mainly, open source has prevented threads like that. :-)
Conexion

Post by Conexion »

Last edited by Conexion on Mar 21, 2008 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
HD_

Post by HD_ »

It gets interesting from the second page- the moderators vs the morons.
notthecheatr

Post by notthecheatr »

Hmm, wonder if that's why they've gone offline now - "temporarily."

I can't even see the page you're linking to, it gives a 404 error...
Z!re

Post by Z!re »

[Content removed at author's request]
notthecheatr

Post by notthecheatr »

Nothing wrong with selling games... or running a service that buys games for cheap and sells them. But it does seem kind of unprofessional, especially since his posts are riddled with misspellings and bad grammar.

@Z!re:
I personally prefer open source. This might sound kind of pathetic, but I'm a cheapskate personally and I like to be able to get things for free - so in return, I like to make things for free too. If I did make something worth selling, though, then I'd probably sell it to a more professional person who I think I can trust and who I think could actually do something useful with my game. But in that case, I think I'd rather just have him distribute it for me, not actually buy the rights. That seems to be a cheap way to get rich of someone else's work without doing much yourself (although admittedly he apparently has graphics skills, if nothing else).

But I think the real problem in that thread is not Amen-Ra, who's simply offering to buy peoples games, but all the suspicious losers who have nothing better to do than ridicule him and his ideas. Like HD_ said. The moderators (and other intelligent people) versus the morons.

edit: If you want some real laughs, just look for strange threads like http://78.129.174.221/index.php?showtopic=364666. This is the inherent problem with using something like GM instead of a real programming language - you simply won't get a fundamental understanding of the way things work at the low level, and you end up with all kinds of misconceptions about things.
1nfektion

Post by 1nfektion »

I think you're just jealous that you will never be able to make a program that someone would pay for.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

... and I think we should just leave it there now.
The point has been made, and the rest of the thread seems only to be contradicting it.
Please try to remember this forum is for Community News, we're starting to veer into Off-Topic conversation here.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Agreed. FB forum rocks! :)
Z!re

Post by Z!re »

Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

We should really be happy we have the likes of 1nfektion and Z!re in our community.
dabooda

Post by dabooda »

To Lachie:

"I'm picking up the sarcasm."

"Good, because I'm laying it on thick."

- Tommy Boy

To the Rest:

Freeware Rulez!! I could make something worth buying, but honestly someone will end up cracking it anyways and downloading it illegally like all the apps I have on my pc....um....nevermind. I'm poor so I like free software, therefore I create free software. Besides who the hell would pay for a goofy 2D game anyways, which is all I create. I program for fun and thank you Freebasic for making this even more fun!!

DaBooda Out....
notthecheatr

Post by notthecheatr »

dabooda wrote:I program for fun and thank you Freebasic for making this even more fun!!
Amen.
Z!re

Post by Z!re »