QB Express #27 now available

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Pete

QB Express #27 now available

Post by Pete »

The March issue of QB Express is here!

This month, we've got a collection of fantastic articles and tutorials that pack quite a whallop -- so watch out! This may not be the biggest QB Express issue that's ever come out, but it certainly is no slouch... with SEVEN tutorials and THREE articles, as well as one of the biggest news briefs sections we've had in a long time.

MystikShadows reviews Dabooda's game Sokoban; h4tt3n gives us the second part of his series on Spring Simulation in Freebasic; Mentat brings us "Going Deep: Football and 3D Graphics"; Hezad teaches us how to generate awesome moving plasmas using the Electric Field equation; Wallyfblu teaches us about Window Procedure; Dean Menezes brings us "CGI and QBasic"; and Kiyote Wolf helps us reinvent the Commodore Wedge. And as always, we've got all the latest news from around the QB and FB community, and much, much more.

Read it while it's hot -- QB Express #27 truly delivers a knock-out punch!
Last edited by Pete on Mar 09, 2008 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
sir_mud

Post by sir_mud »

black magic?
KristopherWindsor

Re: QB Express #27 now available

Post by KristopherWindsor »

Pete wrote:Delivers a knock-out punch!
Ouch! :-P

And that Breakout screenshot of mine has no caption or credits...
h4tt3n

Post by h4tt3n »

So, what exactly happened between "this is a fantastic tutorial" and not including it in the magazine. Dammit Pete, I worked my butt off to get that thing ready for QBE#27...

I know it's a bit long, but you could've at least have dropped me a word and given me a chance to crop it down a bit, if that's what it's about.
nkk_kan

Post by nkk_kan »

I loved Anarky's Tut..Made me remeber my high school days :P
and that anonymous comic rocks >:)
the Mentat's 3d tut helped me understand many things
i still have to plough throught Mystikshadows File/folder management tut but it looks detailed
Pete

Post by Pete »

h4tt3n wrote:So, what exactly happened between "this is a fantastic tutorial" and not including it in the magazine. Dammit Pete, I worked my butt off to get that thing ready for QBE#27...

I know it's a bit long, but you could've at least have dropped me a word and given me a chance to crop it down a bit, if that's what it's about.
Whoops! I really have to apologize -- your tutorial was supposed to go in this issue and it was a complete accident on my part that it got left out.

I have gone back and added it to the issue.
h4tt3n

Post by h4tt3n »

Cool, thanks. ^^

(No hard feelings, I do things like that all the time myself!)
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

I like the way my name is mangled in different sections.... :-)

Vince DeCamp
Vince Campo

hehe!

-Vincent DeCampo
Pete

Post by Pete »

Vince: Sorry about that! I went back in and fixed your name. :)
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Oy. The thread talking about what people want to see in the next issue of QBE hasn't been posted in for quite some time. Where in the world can I get a list of things people have been dying to learn more about? The weird thing is looking through all of my source files and seeing them every single day - The simple things I do that come so easily.

It's strange to know just how many people may benefit from the code. I can't post the code raw, as it's really just my personal reference, but if I knew someone was interested in it, I could hack up a tutorial or an explanation.
ciw1973

Post by ciw1973 »

I've an idea (from somewhere on another forum) that Z!re is a "she" rather than a "he".
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Bah, that was HE (yes) pulling a Tootsie on us.
Pete

Post by Pete »

ciw1973 wrote:I've an idea (from somewhere on another forum) that Z!re is a "she" rather than a "he".
At this point, I don't care. Z!re has claimed to be a "he" then a "she" then a "he" again so many times, and I'm tired of the whole game. It's been going on for far too long.

From now on, Z!re will be referred to as a "he" in QB Express. Or maybe an "it"
KristopherWindsor

Post by KristopherWindsor »

This magazine needs a beta version. :-P
Z!re

Post by Z!re »

[Content removed at author's request]