my best effort

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
dasyar

Re: my best effort

Post by dasyar »

CAM - Computer Aided Manufacturing
I am not a real big fan of CAD, I am an old flatus, that still prefers a couple of triangles, pencils, dividers, drawing paper, and all the other hand held tools to get the job done. I still think that the design aspect is still an art form that provides for the expression of engineering ideas.
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

owen, seeing progress of your efforts is beneficial
owen

Post by owen »

seeing progress of your efforts is beneficial
10-4 on that.
Well, I just got the call. The trailer is fixed. Time to get back on the road.
I will (they will) be sharing youtube videos of the training sessions soon.
Last edited by owen on Oct 06, 2018 0:39, edited 1 time in total.
owen

Post by owen »

I am not a real big fan of CAD, I am an old flatus, that still prefers a couple of triangles, pencils,...
funny, reminds me of a story.
Back in 95 (i think), i invented the varai-scale. a mechanical apparatus just a bit larger than a sheet of paper, made up of 6 layers of 10 mil lexan highly transparent plastic. you could place it atop a 7.5 minute topo map (maps made by usgs) and measure the lat/long of a point of interest on the map. krsystems out of bailey co marketed it for 3 years. we sold it to several mom and pop map and book stores including our biggest custom delorme (road atlas company) out of maine (i think). had tentative interview with the marines out of camp pendleton and Cabela's (a Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Shooting kinda store). even trained the govt. employees at the usgs fed center in denver co and salt lake ut on how to use it.
was quite the adventer for me. inventing the contraption (the creativity involved) was much funner then trying to sale it...
The GPS put us out of business before we even started. Nobody uses paper maps anymore.
Last edited by owen on Oct 06, 2018 0:40, edited 1 time in total.
owen

Post by owen »

so as u know i have a gofundme started with a goal to raise 22k.
kindly propagate (share the link if you are willing).
i figure 22k is the low end yearly operating costs for this kind of thing.
currently i have put in just a bit less than half that in order to get the ball rolling.
they hit me up with payroll yesterday (which i had promised to support along with all the other operating expenses for a min of 6 months of no expected revenue and up to 1 year all together) and it dawned on me that i might need a back up plan as new staff members are brought on, hence gofundme. but it is only a back up plan as i am committed and able to fund it myself.

more news:
mr cebu was the first to share the gofundme (we're friends on facebook) he says pm me dude.
we last spoke about a year ago. as you all know it might not be possible for him to make an appearance cuz he tends daily to his wife. u da man dude much respect... he says he will refer some friends he knows in the area (i hope theyre near the office) and perhaps they will stay a day or two to help train them... im willing to put folks up in a nearby hotel ifn they would like to stay there. i havent actually seen the hotel so i will get some pics posted along with the name and address. also i dont know if its an option but i am willing to fly mr cebu and wife over if that will work for them.
joanCruz03

Post by joanCruz03 »

Hotel accommodation for guest speakers.
We have a nearby hotel 5 minutes walk from to the office.

Hotel Turista

http://www.hotelturista.ph/sanjose/

google map: https://goo.gl/maps/cXVn68VDd1q

https://www.fbcadcam.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42
owen

Post by owen »

many have accused me of talking too much and im ok with that. so without further ado the words of arjay (slightly coerced):

It was a Blessed Day when we started the FBCadCam.Com. At First it was just a casual conversation between two person, a simple Hi and Hello. from there comes a common idea, talking about a same dream. A dream to have a chance to help the Community and teach them about the Love of the Lord.

For our dreams to be turn into reality we have to do the first step. and that is finding a place for us to have our office. We search every where for the right place and prayed so hard that may the Lord lead us on the right place, a place were we can all be more fruitful.

On the 18th day of September, 2018. was the chosen date by the Lord. We have acquire the perfect place for us.
We really like the place and the price was given to us was very reasonable and affordable. Lord really put us in the right place. It was a located at RJD Bldg. door#12, Blk.2 Lot34 Tandok Avenue, Pecsonville Subdivision , Tungkong Mangga, San Jose del Monte , Bulacan, Philippines.

We started out with an empty office and as i look at the whole of it coming to minds are great and wonderful ideas, As a day goes by, one by one we didn't actually realized that we have a already put a lot of things in the office already. we started on 6 chairs and 1 table for our upcoming teaching sessions. then as day goes by we realized that in order for the students to feel comfortable in studying we buy 2 pcs. of electric fans. then we realized we need laptops and other some thing to write on , so we purchased, white boards and markers,
We bought some laptops,office stuffs,tables and chairs and etc., internet connection has been installed and an Air conditioning unit was also installed. THINGS REALLY HAPPENED TO FAST... But it was God's Plan.. So without hesitations. I accepted all in my heart that this is really my call to supervised and be the head of this Glorious project.

Along with this, In order to have an office here the Philippines, government requires a permit. we had to register a legal company.
On the 25th of September,we applied for a registration of Business Name at the Region 3 office of the Department of Trade & Industries (DTI Bulacan Branch ) Application was granted and approved on the 2nd day of Oct., 2018. Now we can use the name FBCadCam Com as our business. on the 3rd day of October, 2018. Our Barangay Permit or our Community Permit has been Granted. City permits are now on process. and we are looking forward to have it granted soon... God's Grace we will have it the soonest.

While we are waiting for that to permits to be finished. we are still continuing the effort of building the company. we started conducting training and seminars for out future Team mates. Owen hired Mr. Manila (john) to teach the team and anybody who would lend him an ear the FREEBASIC computer programming language. We drove down to pick up john and bring him to the office. We arranged for him to stay in a near by hotel. john has taught us a lot and has been very helpful, actually helping us with so many technical things. It's truly a blessing.

When we picked up john there was three of us in the car. this was our first conversations with a guest speaker and it went very well. we became comfortable with john right away. since then john has taught us many things like: how to program using FREEBASIC and other programming languages like: C++, and java and visual basics and many others aside from this he teaches us how to do program using the FBeDit and show us how do programs RUNS. John has been so kind and helpful it is amazing to see the lord's work play out. the Lord really leads us into the right people and directions on how to be in this kind of work.

Training Days...

Date of training : October 4 -5, 2018
no. of attendees : 10
it was a very successful training. attendees are all eager to learn, we have met all of their expectations, they enjoy using the program FREEBASIC. JOHN gave the students different kinds of equations to be solved. We look forward to future guest speakers.
owen

Post by owen »

Check out their awesome kung fu stances
https://www.fbcadcam.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17
Last edited by owen on Oct 17, 2018 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Do not hesitate to ask questions.
I think that a number of us like to make ourselves useful to others rather than just keeping their knowledge to themselves.
owen

Post by owen »

Thank you fxm
It is true - this community is rare indeed.
Team FbCadCam and interns this community is about the most generous and knowledgeable around. Ask questions, Learn, and pass it on.

Thank you Joan for the Hotel accommodation info.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I'm impressed by this project.
owen

Post by owen »

I don't know why maybe because my mind don't work so swell anymore but I have been referring to mr. Iloilo as Mr. Cebu all this time. I am in conversation with Relsoft using facebook messenger. He uses it because it is free for him to use and it doesn't eat up his limited data. If he will allow me I will send him money each month to help pay for his wife's meds and his data. It is my intention to expand this project beyond the Bulacan area in the Philippines and it is my hope that the first satellite office will be owned and operated by mr. Iloilo himself.
I am not promising this at the moment because it is beyond my financial ability. But it is my intention once I have more resources such as revenues generated in Bulacan and or monies contributed through the GoFundMe.
owen

Post by owen »

http://fbcadcam.com/fbcadcamph/vids/off ... eovlog.mkv

It's a work in progress. They're trying to make some ping pong games right now.

https://www.fbcadcam.net/forum/viewforu ... c48e2860e3

Our goal in the near future is that they learn freebasic well enough to where they can programmatically draw involute gears using fbcadcam macro and also create source code compile it showing rotating meshing involute gears such as seen seen here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involute_gear

This week we are hiring our first interns, eight of them in all. They are current students in some of the local universities and will be participating in this project for 8 weeks.

I understand that a volunteer professor from one of the local University's is going to come over and help teach these kids how to program in general and specifically how to program in the free basic language.

Also I have hired a math teacher who will be coming over maybe once a week.
owen

Post by owen »

Here is a shortened down version of our first training session.

https://youtu.be/PrYpW3fk1bM

We used a digital camcorder to record the three day seminar. Some of the files were over 5 gig. So I asked them to try to edit the highlights and we ended up with a 300 Meg video.

I wanted to share this with you guys just so you will know that people in the Philippines are being taught to program in free basic.

I have set up 10 laptops with Skype that the students use for training. Those of you who would like to help teach freebasic to these people are welcome to share your screen via Skype just know for now they are all beginners and new to programming in freebasic. Some of them are familiar with other programming languages While others are not.
Your screen and your voice will be heard by them. They all have headsets and understand the concept of muting their microphones in order to prevent feedback, taking turns talking to you.
If you would like to help please contact me at opreese at gmail or 4076558537
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

owen wrote:If you would like to help please contact me at opreese at gmail or 4076558537
I registered on your forum a while ago, and I'm still waiting for the activation mail to come =D