The 50 years ago moon landing 4K contest!

Game development specific discussions.
UEZ

Re: The 50 years ago moon landing 4K contest!

Post by UEZ »

@D.J.Peters: Hmmm, that's odd. I can play it properly on my notebook. Your version doesn't run properly on my machine - it flickers, keys cannot be used properly anymore and the text "Out of fuel. Game Over!" is displayed permanently.

Anyhow, I updated the code to v0.15 without frame counter as I saw your reply too late. ^^
badidea

Post by badidea »

UEZ wrote:Land It - a primitiv game where you have to land the shuttle on a flat ground.
Arrow keys to steer shuttle (yellow). You must land less than 0.5 speed. Press Enter to start and Q to exit game.
Version 0.1 without shorten the code too much ...
Your gravity is weird. If the speed is negative (going up), then the shuttle keeps accelerating without a key pressed.
And what is using up the fuel slowly when no key is pressed? Are they cooking diner inside?
Also, they seem to have chosen a pretty rough landing site :-)

I noticed that sometimes white-space can be skipped, e.g. the following is valid code:

Code: Select all

if 1then?"T"else?"F" 
My best contribution so far:

Code: Select all

var a="The eagle has landed",b="Houston, we've had a problem",c="Unknown mission status"
var apollo=11
?iif(apollo=11,a,iif(apollo=13,b,c))
UEZ

Post by UEZ »

badidea wrote:
UEZ wrote:Land It - a primitiv game where you have to land the shuttle on a flat ground.
Arrow keys to steer shuttle (yellow). You must land less than 0.5 speed. Press Enter to start and Q to exit game.
Version 0.1 without shorten the code too much ...
This should be fixed in v0.15+.
badidea

Post by badidea »