What is good cross platform gameloop?

Game development specific discussions.
badidea

Re: What is good cross platform gameloop?

Post by badidea »

paul doe wrote:Here's the implementation plucked from the metaballs demo, but implemented using a template design, instead of a strategy design, to be a little easier to follow and compare...
That "sourcemaking" website is great. Currently reading about The Blob. Unfortunately, the book is not available on real paper.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

badidea wrote:
paul doe wrote:That "sourcemaking" website is great. Currently reading about The Blob. Unfortunately, the book is not available on real paper.
Yeah, I also prefer paper to read, but that's not very ecologic nowadays =D

Are you interested in OOP? Here are some other great resources on the web:
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software: the de-facto OOP Bible.
Agile Principles, Patterns and Practices in C#: pretty good book, too.
Yegor's Blog About Computers: Yegor's Blog has some pretty neat ideas, but I don't share all it's views and, especially, his zeal about 'True OOP' (in Java, can you imagine that? XD)

I'm currently coding something that will aid you in your simple database implementation. Once I finish, we can use it to implement a small and flexible database (among other neat things like serialization) with little effort. In the meantime, you can experiment and get yourself familiar with decoration and fluent interfaces via method chaining, because I'll use those patterns extensively in the implementation =D
badidea

Post by badidea »

paul doe wrote:Yeah, I also prefer paper to read, but that's not very ecologic nowadays =D
Not sure if that is true. A book is a form of CO2 storage. Just never throw away or burn the book. Cut a tree, convert to books, grow a new tree. Any electronics device is continuously producing CO2.
paul doe wrote:Are you interested in OOP? Here are some other great resources on the web: ...
Thanks, I am interested in a lot of (programming related) things. Which is probably why most of my software projects stall. But to grog OOP better could help a lot of my programs I think. In my last game (Tetris vs Mario (Work in progress)) the game class turned into a 'blob' it seems.