libIrcClient

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
blahboybang

Post by blahboybang »

can you make a linux port?
voodooattack

Post by voodooattack »

blahboybang wrote:can you make a linux port?
I'm not sure, but the lib is cross-platform.. :)
Operating System : All 32-bit MS Windows (95/98/NT/2000/XP), All BSD Platforms (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/Apple Mac OS X), All POSIX (Linux/BSD/UNIX-like OSes), FreeBSD, Linux, OpenBSD, Solaris, HP-UX
it should compile on linux, unfortunately i don't have a working linux box atm :(
can you try to compile it on your system?
get the source package here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=311575

if you manage to compile it, the fb headers should work (yet you'll have to replace the winsock dependency)
please post back with the result, so we can merge the headers/libs ;)

good luck :)
blahboybang

Post by blahboybang »

I already recompiled it, but the headers still have many errors.

Code: Select all

fbc: Symbol `ospeed' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/share/freebasic/inc/lircc/libircclient.bi(41) : error 57: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (in_set) of irc_add_select_descriptors()

declare function irc_add_select_descriptors cdecl alias "irc_add_select_descriptors" (byval session as irc_session_t ptr, byval in_set as fd_set ptr, byval out_set as fd_set ptr, byval maxfd as integer ptr) as integer
                                                           ^
/usr/share/freebasic/inc/lircc/libircclient.bi(41) : error 57: Illegal specification, at parameter 3 (out_set) of irc_add_select_descriptors()

declare function irc_add_select_descriptors cdecl alias "irc_add_select_descriptors" (byval session as irc_session_t ptr, byval in_set as fd_set ptr, byval out_set as fd_set ptr, byval maxfd as integer ptr) as integer
         ^
/usr/share/freebasic/inc/lircc/libircclient.bi(42) : error 57: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (in_set) of irc_process_select_descriptors()

declare function irc_process_select_descriptors cdecl alias "irc_process_select_descriptors" (byval session as irc_session_t ptr, byval in_set as fd_set ptr, byval out_set as fd_set ptr) as integer
                                                                   ^
/usr/share/freebasic/inc/lircc/libircclient.bi(42) : error 57: Illegal specification, at parameter 3 (out_set) of irc_process_select_descriptors()

declare function irc_process_select_descriptors cdecl alias "irc_process_select_descriptors" (byval session as irc_session_t ptr, byval in_set as fd_set ptr, byval out_set as fd_set ptr) as integer
                 ^
/usr/share/freebasic/inc/lircc/libircclient.bi(61) : error 57: Illegal specification, at parameter 3 (size) of irc_target_get_nick()

declare sub irc_target_get_nick cdecl alias "irc_target_get_nick" (byval target as zstring ptr, byval nick as zstring ptr, byval size as size_t)
                                                          ^
/usr/share/freebasic/inc/lircc/libircclient.bi(62) : error 57: Illegal specification, at parameter 3 (size) of irc_target_get_host()

declare sub irc_target_get_host cdecl alias "irc_target_get_host" (byval target as zstring ptr, byval nick as zstring ptr, byval size as size_t)
btw, I have no idea how to replace the winsock dependancy.
voodooattack

Post by voodooattack »

hmm, i think i'll have to get a linux running soon..
perhaps DsL in vmware would do? :-/

i'll try to compile it and see the results.. :")
DrV
Site Admin

Post by DrV »

You'd need the socket headers for linux; I've translated part of them, but they're not in CVS yet. I'll try to clean them up and add them ASAP.
voodooattack

Post by voodooattack »

DrV wrote:You'd need the socket headers for linux; I've translated part of them, but they're not in CVS yet. I'll try to clean them up and add them ASAP.
great :D
i'll update my headers from cvs once you're done ;)
Oz

Post by Oz »

looks like I'll add the linux version.....

[I'll edit this post with a link once I have it]

Oz~

:: Edit ::

This is what i get for only reading the first few posts :P
Well, if DrV is already on it, then I won't start...
`-> DrV, if you need a break from it, send to over to me: alex DOT barry AT gmail DOT com
Oz

Post by Oz »

I have compiled the new lircc (2.1) for linux and have the win32 binarys

this should be 100% cross-platform

I haven't tested the headers yet, but they should be fine

without further adu, here is the file:
freebasic lircc 2.1

Oz~

::EDIT ::

Those headers had some errors, and the example didn't work, so here is the fixed files:
lircc 2.1
Mindless

Post by Mindless »

When building this w/ anonymous1337's CVS build, the test app always returns
Could not connect: Host not resolved
Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid... this is addressed in the FAQ.
peck

DCC SEND/GET

Post by peck »

If anyone could write an example on how to make the bot accept files from other users it'd be greatly appreciated. I've tried and tried but I cannot seem to make it work unfortunately.

Cheers. /Peter
peck

Re: DCC SEND/GET

Post by peck »

peck wrote:If anyone could write an example on how to make the bot accept files from other users it'd be greatly appreciated. I've tried and tried but I cannot seem to make it work unfortunately.

Cheers. /Peter
Darn, never mind that. I was just being plain stupid. I'll try to clean it up and post the example here whenever I get the time.