Here's an FreeBasic up-date for the current version 2.0.1, including some examples and headers for SDL2-2.0.1, SDL2_mixer-2.0.0 and SDL2_image-2.0.0.
Overview of new features in SDL 2.0:
- Full 3D hardware acceleration
- Support for OpenGL 3.0+ in various profiles (core, compatibility, debug, robust, etc)
- Support for OpenGL ES
- Support for multiple windows
- Support for multiple displays
- Support for multiple audio devices
- Android and iOS support
- Simple 2D rendering API that can use Direct3D, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, or software rendering behind the scenes
- Force Feedback available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- XInput and XAudio2 support for Windows
- Atomic operations (not supported for FB yet)
- Power management (exposes battery life remaining, etc)
- Shaped windows
- 32-bit audio (int and float)
- Simplified Game Controller API (the Joystick API is still here, too!)
- Touch support (multitouch, gestures, etc)
- Better fullscreen support
- Better keyboard support (scancodes vs keycodes, etc).
- Message boxes
- Clipboard support
- Basic Drag'n'Drop support
- Proper unicode input and IME support
- A really powerful assert macro (not supported for FB yet)
- zlib license instead of LGPL.
- Lots of old annoyances from 1.2 are gone
- Many other things!
Added-a: SDL2_mixer-2.0.0 and SDL2_image-2.0.0
Added-b: SDL2_win32_statick_linking.bi, bugfixes (macros)