FLTK 1.3.x C Wrapper (obsolete)

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
SillonBono

Re: FLTK 1.3.3 C Wrapper Windows/Linux 32/64-bit.

Post by SillonBono »

D.J.Peters wrote:Any examples floating around here are does not reflect the latest state of the the FLTK C wrapper.

Do you can try and post an image of Fl_Tree_Item.bas please ?

If the result are the same I must do an deeper view on the Fl_Tree_Item struct.

May be any value in this struct are defined as 32-bit and works on 32-bit OS
and must be changed to 64-bit for a 64-bit OS.

Joshy
Hi, I tried again with the latest version as you mentioned, I get the same results, the fonts never get displayed with any other size or style (see screenshot).

http://i68.tinypic.com/29n8784.png

This was tested on a different computer than the last time but same OS: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS 64bits. (Screen borders in the screenshot look like windows but it is not windows)

I will test with the 32 bit version of Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS on a VM to see if it makes any difference.

Also I would like to ask, would you release a static version? Actually it was the prospect of being able to use a static version what drove me to test FLTK on Freebasic Linux.

Regards.
integer

Re: FLTK 1.3.3 C Wrapper Windows/Linux 32/64-bit.

Post by integer »

@joshy
D.J.Peters wrote:Don't mix an old fltk-c setup wiht new version !
If the programs do not work as expected, I delete all from my system.
This was a complete (new) download of the latest version last week.
D.J.Peters wrote:The dll: fltk-c-1.3.3-32.dll is in the same tests folder right ?
NO.
the instructions stated to copy files to FreeBasic\lib\*.* folder.
The .dll was placed in the \lib folder where I have the compiler -- that is, where there a dozens of other .dll's

I never realized that the .dll MUST be in the same folder as the .bas files.
I will down load the fltk next week and re-try.

Thanks,
D.J.Peters

Re: FLTK 1.3.x C Wrapper (obsolete)

Post by D.J.Peters »

The new version of the FLTK C wrapper for FreeBASIC can be found here

Hello forum mod you can delete this obsolete thread.

Thank you.

Joshy
St_W

Re: FLTK 1.3.x C Wrapper (obsolete)

Post by St_W »

If there's not a really strong reason to delete this, I wouldn't. This thread contains over 50 pages of QA-material and code samples, which I wouldn't like too see lost.

Generally, I'd prefer an "open-source" development style like e.g. the way FBC is developed. I mean e.g. things like a traceable change history (by using a VCS), availability of old versions, usage of a well-recognized hosting platform (like sourceforge, bitbucket, github, ...), integration of 3rd-party patches/pull-requests, liberal license (avoid GPL), ...
Not really specific to this project. That's just my vision of an "ideal" open source project.