A collection of headers for GNOME libraries based on GLib is available. These headers aren't created from C source. Instead they are created using a technology called GObject-Introspection.
The project started while developing and testing the GirToBac translation tool. Meanwhile the header set is tested and used in many of my applications.
The archive contains the translation rules (*.GirToBac) to generate the headers (to generate further updates), updated header files for well known libraries, as well as headers for new libraries
- JSCore-3.0.bi (since 0.0.a)
- GtkSpell-3.0.bi (since 1.0)
- HarfBuzz-0.0.bi (since 1.0)
- Soup-2.4.bi (since 0.0.a)
- SpiceClientGLib-2.0.bi (since 1.0)
- SpiceClientGtk-2.0.bi (since 1.0)
- WebKit-3.0.bi (since 0.0.a)
- _GLibMacros-2.0.bi (since 1.0)
- _GObjectMacros-2.0.bi (since 1.0)
Download is available at
- download the package and uncompress it
- copy (or move) folder GnomeHeaders-1.0/include/Gir to your FreeBASIC header folder .../freebasic/include/
- if you need full cairo support, replace files in .../freebasic/include/cairo by the files from folder GnomeHeaders-1.0/include/cairo
- make sure that you have installed the library binaries
- compile and test examples in GnomeHeaders-1.0/examples
Version 0.0.a add-ons
Version 1.0: new examples and Gda-5.0.bi, tested under fbc-1.00 32/64 bit, installation instructions
Attention: this project is obsolet. Current headers are available in project DTJF/gir_headers at github.com.