Issue with Bass 2.4

External libraries (GTK, GSL, SDL, Allegro, OpenGL, etc) questions.
Eponasoft

Issue with Bass 2.4

Postby Eponasoft » Dec 21, 2012 18:59

C:\Program Files\FreeBASIC024>fbc examples/sound/BASS/small.bas
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `BASS_Init'
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0x81): undefined reference to `BASS_StreamCreateFile'
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0xd5): undefined reference to `BASS_SampleLoad'
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0xe2): undefined reference to `BASS_SampleGetChannel'
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0xef): undefined reference to `BASS_ChannelPlay'
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0x105): undefined reference to `BASS_ChannelPlay'
examples/sound/BASS/small.o:fake:(.text+0x10c): undefined reference to `BASS_Free'

Using Bass 2.4 and not making any changes whatsoever to anything.
Eponasoft

Re: Issue with Bass 2.4

Postby Eponasoft » Dec 21, 2012 19:37

Nifty, thank ye very much kind sir.
Eponasoft

Postby Eponasoft » Dec 26, 2012 9:17

Just a heads up that you might already know about... I ran into a duplicated definition error when using this together with windows.bi:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\FreeBASIC024\inc\bass.bi(24) error 4: Duplicated definition, MAKEWORD in '#define MAKEWORD(a,b) Cast(WORD, ((a) And &hFF) Or ((b) Shl 8))'
C:\Program Files\FreeBASIC024\inc\bass.bi(25) error 4: Duplicated definition, MAKELONG in '#define MAKELONG(a,b) Cast(DWORD, ((a) And &hFFFF) Or ((b) Shl 16))'

so I changed the relevant code in your bass.bi:

Code: Select all

#ifndef MAKEWORD
   #define MAKEWORD(a,b) Cast(WORD, ((a) And &hFF) Or ((b) Shl 8))
#EndIf
#ifndef MAKELONG
   #define MAKELONG(a,b) Cast(DWORD, ((a) And &hFFFF) Or ((b) Shl 16))
#EndIf

The relevant code in bass.bi is written differently than the equivalent code in windef.bi and I don't muck with the headers too much so I don't know if they get along or not but nothing's broken so far... I guess we're all good. :)
dkl
Site Admin

Postby dkl » Jun 05, 2013 16:00

Hey, I've applied your change to FB's bass.bi.

Return to “Libraries”