GUI library for Windows \ Linux (window9)

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
VANYA

Re: FBGUI library for windows 2

Post by VANYA »

Released fix libraries for normal work with the compiler 1.05
Kot

Post by Kot »

I miss thumb up :/ so I just have to write it :)
enform

Post by enform »

Hi VAnya, how are you ? :-)

2 little things :

SetListBoxItemText() is not in the chm ,

testing Compress / Decompress , they work well together but the *.zip file can't be open with Windows or 7zip ....

Salutations
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi enform!
Hi VAnya, how are you ?
Thank you, I feels good, and you?
SetListBoxItemText() is not in the chm ,
Yes, it's true, I advise you to use Russian help, there is much less defects. The English did help a few people probably missed a lot ...
testing Compress / Decompress , they work well together but the *.zip file can't be open with Windows or 7zip ....
These functions were not originally compatible with the functional ZIP, RAR etc. Focus was exclusively on compression, so I chose ZLIB and I did not care about compatibility with Windows Explorer, winrar, winzip etc.
enform

Post by enform »

ok , it's a choice .
Presentation of Window9 on Sourceforge is in Russian only , may be you can add English too ? ( but i don't know how SF works ) .
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

enform wrote:ok , it's a choice .
Presentation of Window9 on Sourceforge is in Russian only , may be you can add English too ? ( but i don't know how SF works ) .
I do not think it is necessary in times of online translators.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Hi VANYA,
VANYA wrote:I do not think it is necessary in times of online translators.
I don't agree, online translators are, as of today, still crappy (aka: mainly useless).
A human made translation, is far better than that.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

MrSwiss wrote:Hi VANYA,
VANYA wrote:I do not think it is necessary in times of online translators.
I don't agree, online translators are, as of today, still crappy (aka: mainly useless).
A human made translation, is far better than that.
Hi MrSwiss!

If someone is able competently to translate the description into English, then I will replace. I badly know English.
maachal

Post by maachal »

Hi!
Perfect library, but not work in
fbc: FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.05.0 (01-31-2016), built for win64 (64bit)
? :-(
All example compile error:
C:\..\FB64\inc\win\strmif.bi(6383) error 58: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (pDDrawObject) in 'SetDDrawObject as function(byval This as IDDrawExclModeVideo ptr, byval pDDrawObject as IDirectDraw ptr) as HRESULT'
C:\..\FB64\inc\win\strmif.bi(6384) error 58: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (ppDDrawObject) in 'GetDDrawObject as function(byval This as IDDrawExclModeVideo ptr, byval ppDDrawObject as IDirectDraw ptr ptr, byval pbUsingExternal as WINBOOL ptr) as HRESULT'
C:\..\FB64\inc\win\strmif.bi(6385) error 58: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (pDDrawSurface) in 'SetDDrawSurface as function(byval This as IDDrawExclModeVideo ptr, byval pDDrawSurface as IDirectDrawSurface ptr) as HRESULT'
etc...
I'm wrong somewhere? Please help, thank you.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

maachal wrote:Hi!
Perfect library, but not work in
fbc: FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.05.0 (01-31-2016), built for win64 (64bit)
? :-(
All example compile error:
C:\..\FB64\inc\win\strmif.bi(6383) error 58: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (pDDrawObject) in 'SetDDrawObject as function(byval This as IDDrawExclModeVideo ptr, byval pDDrawObject as IDirectDraw ptr) as HRESULT'
C:\..\FB64\inc\win\strmif.bi(6384) error 58: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (ppDDrawObject) in 'GetDDrawObject as function(byval This as IDDrawExclModeVideo ptr, byval ppDDrawObject as IDirectDraw ptr ptr, byval pbUsingExternal as WINBOOL ptr) as HRESULT'
C:\..\FB64\inc\win\strmif.bi(6385) error 58: Illegal specification, at parameter 2 (pDDrawSurface) in 'SetDDrawSurface as function(byval This as IDDrawExclModeVideo ptr, byval pDDrawSurface as IDirectDrawSurface ptr) as HRESULT'
etc...
I'm wrong somewhere? Please help, thank you.
Hi maachal!

Don't try to compile library or examples with the 64-bit compiler. The library works only with the 32-bit compiler.
enform

Post by enform »

Hi Vanya ,
I can propose this translation from the online translator imtranslator on Firefox , with manual additions :

The given library will allow to develop programs with inherent ease in free and pleasant programming language Freebasic. Working with this library, you can always use both the built in functions of language, and API Windows functions or other foreign libraries. At the moment in library already more than 600 functions, very much reminding functions of language PureBasic. The library has convenient enough information and examples from a chm for understanding work on functions. Developers: Stanislav Budinov and D.J.Peters.

Library is licensed under: zlib License

your choice ... :-)
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

@VANYA
I've tried to use FBGUI many times and always ended up with many errors. I normally use a 64bit version of FB. Thanks for your post on 22 July advising that it only be used on a 32bit version of FB. I am now getting the examples to work without errors.

What I don't seem to be able to do is to produce a StringGadget with a simple flat thin line border on all four sides. I can do it using Lothar Schirm's handy little Windows API library and can do it using Purebasic, where both seem to do it as default. FBGUI seems to use a borderless StringGadget by default. Some of the options (taken from the Help File) are shown below, but none have a line border on all four sides:

Code: Select all

#Include "window9.bi"
Dim As integer hwnd,event
hwnd=OpenWindow("1",300,10,500,500)
StringGadget(1,10,10,100,20,"Бу-га-га")
StringGadget(2,10,50,100,20,"96754",ES_RIGHT Or ES_NUMBER)
StringGadget(3,10,90,100,20,"Бу-га-га",ES_PASSWORD, WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
StringGadget(4,10,130,100,20,"Бу-га-га",ES_CENTER, WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME)

Do
  event=WaitEvent()
  If event=EventClose Then End
Loop
I have looked at the Help File and translated the StringGadget section into English, using Google Translate, but I can't find anything that will provide a single line border on all four sides.

Can anyone help?
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi enform!

I copied the description to sf.net, thanks for the translation.

Hi RNBW!

You need it?

#Include "window9.bi"
Dim As Hwnd hwnd
Dim As integer event
hwnd=OpenWindow("1",300,10,200,100)
StringGadget(1,10,10,100,20,"Text",WS_BORDER)

Do
  event=WaitEvent()
  If event=EventClose Then End
Loop
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

@VANYA
Simple when you know how! Thank you very much. That's just what I needed. I would point out, however, that there is no reference to WS_BORDER in the chm help file.

Below is a simple 3-row x 4-column grid made up of StringGadgets, with the StringGadget ID referenced in each StringGadget:

'==========================
'  GRID of StringGadgets
'==========================

#INCLUDE "window9.bi"

DIM AS Hwnd hwnd
DIM AS INTEGER event, rHt, x, y, start, margin, row, col, wide,id
DIM AS STRING  stRow, stCol, stID
DIM AS LONG vPos, hPos

hwnd=OpenWindow("Grid1",300,10,460,200)

rHt = 20: vPos = 10: x = 0: y = 0: margin = 20: wide = 100

FOR row = 1 TO 3
	FOR col = 1 TO 4
		stRow = STR(row): stCol = STR(col)
		stID = stRow+stCol
		id = VAL(stID)
		PRINT "ID = ";id
		hPos = margin + (col-1) * wide
		StringGadget(id,hPos,vPos+rHt*(row-1),wide+1,rHt+1,stId,WS_BORDER)
	NEXT
NEXT

DO
  event=WaitEvent()
  IF event=EventClose THEN END
LOOP
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

RNBW wrote:@VANYA
I would point out, however, that there is no reference to WS_BORDER in the chm help file.
The library is large, I not сould take account all the subtleties in the chm file. In any case, I do not deny anyone an answer to the questions. There are some questions, ask.