GUI library for Windows \ Linux (window9)

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
D.J.Peters

Re: FBGUI library for Windows 2

Post by D.J.Peters »

Windows9 Linux resizeWindowSub "cdecl" are missing !

Joshy

Code: Select all

Declare sub resizeWindowSub (Gwindow as GtkWidget ptr, allocation as GdkRectangle ptr, user_data as gpointer)

Code: Select all

Declare sub resizeWindowSub cdecl (Gwindow as GtkWidget ptr, allocation as GdkRectangle ptr, user_data as gpointer)
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

I am providing a link to the conversion of Vanya's chm help file to English as far as I have got
Half the help is translated , great!
Windows9 Linux resizeWindowSub "cdecl" are missing !
Yes, it is a omission , thanks!
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

====================================================
Edited 30 September 2019:

RNBW wrote:I am providing a link to the conversion of Vanya's chm help file to English as far as I have got https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9z5ja0yv9q0t ... g.chm?dl=0. The file should be downloaded from the link. To open right click the downloaded file and in Properties tick the Unblock box to see the text.

At the moment the file includes both the English (as far as it has reached) and the full Russian text. This is for my convenience. The final conversion will include the English version only.

To date I have converted all sections except for the following:
Printer
Process
SysTray
Toolbar
UTF_ASCII_ENCODING
Window

Shouldn't be long now before it is complete!

I have used Bing Translate and Google Translate to convert and I'm using HelpNDoc to edit and compile the ranslated help file. If anyone finds any glaring errors, please let me know so I can edit.

The work I am doing is merely time consuming and I would have done it for myself. All credit must go to Vanya for the mammoth job he has done in producing the help file.
Last edited by RNBW on Sep 30, 2019 19:05, edited 2 times in total.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

RNBW wrote:====================================================
Edited 21 September 2019: Added Font, Help and Image.
The link below has been updated to access the updated file.
Cool!
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Hi Vanya

I've completed the translation of the help file from Russian to English and it can be found at this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/yftyo1kqeubx0 ... d.chm?dl=0.

It is a very large document and I have used Google Translate and Bing Microsoft Translator for the translation, so I apologise in advance if some translation seems a little strange. I am sure that some mistakes will have been made and would ask users if they do find something to please post the error and I'll be happy make appropriate corrections and recompile the help file.

Best regards

Ray
D.J.Peters

Post by D.J.Peters »

@RNBW good job so far.
I know how many work it was.

Joshy
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

RNBW wrote:I've completed the translation of the help file from Russian to English and it can be found at this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/yftyo1kqeubx0 ... d.chm?dl=0.

It is a very large document and I have used Google Translate and Bing Microsoft Translator for the translation
Hi Ray,

I can see the listings on the left (Content, info about the developers, 2D_Draw etc) but no luck on the right side, it remains white. This is on Win7-64, and normally all my *.chm files look ok.

Btw have you checked DeepL?
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

jj2007 wrote:I can see the listings on the left (Content, info about the developers, 2D_Draw etc) but no luck on the right side, it remains white.
You'll have to UnBlock the *.chm file, first ...
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

jj2007 wrote:
RNBW wrote:I've completed the translation of the help file from Russian to English and it can be found at this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/yftyo1kqeubx0 ... d.chm?dl=0.

It is a very large document and I have used Google Translate and Bing Microsoft Translator for the translation
Hi Ray,

I can see the listings on the left (Content, info about the developers, 2D_Draw etc) but no luck on the right side, it remains white. This is on Win7-64, and normally all my *.chm files look ok.

Btw have you checked DeepL?
@jj2007
As Mr Swiss advises, you need to right click the file > Properties > tick Unblock > click Apply > click OK. When you open the file you'll see all of the text.

DeepL: no I've never heard of it, but I've now bookmarked it and will give it a try. Thank you.
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

RNBW wrote:right click the file > Properties > tick Unblock > click Apply > click OK. When you open the file you'll see all of the text.
In over 20 years as a Windows user, I've never seen this - weird, a file that is partially blocked. Windows also warned me that the file could damage my puter bla bla, and that warning disappeared after it was unblocked. See also https://superuser.com/questions/503812/ ... is-missing about alternate data streams.
DeepL: no I've never heard of it, but I've now bookmarked it and will give it a try. Thank you.
It's often a tick better than Google, but Russian was added only recently - no idea how well it translates RU-EN.
Josep Roca

Post by Josep Roca »

> In over 20 years as a Windows user, I've never seen this - weird

It happens every time that you download a .chm file from the web. Best way to avoid it is to upload the .chm file zipped.
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

Josep Roca wrote:> In over 20 years as a Windows user, I've never seen this - weird

It happens every time that you download a .chm file from the web. Best way to avoid it is to upload the .chm file zipped.
Thanks, that explains why I never saw it: Most of the time I hang around in SMF-based forums, and the only allowed attachments are zip archives.
marcov

Post by marcov »

Josep Roca wrote:> In over 20 years as a Windows user, I've never seen this - weird

Introduced by XPsp2. Unlocking can also be done using own software, by truncating the alternate stream. I work with CHMs a lot (FPC documentation), and regularly use it.

Another workaround is to find some tool like wget and use that to download files. Most major browsers follow the rule that "executable" files from outside the system must be marked blocked, specially if the support for them is built-in. But smaller tools and own downloaders that directly do HTTP (and don't use wininet apis) usually don't.
Last edited by marcov on Mar 22, 2020 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

===========================================================================
***********************************************************************************************************
EDITED 9 OCTOBER 2019
TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT VANYA'S REQUIREMENTS

***********************************************************************************************************
===========================================================================

Thank you all for your kind comments. I've always used the unblock method, but I think the best way will be to use a zip file. I have taken the opportunity to also include all of the code in the help file. The link is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6aaaxj2xila0 ... p.zip?dl=0.

I hope this makes it easier for interested users to download the helpfile. I think the code will be useful too.

Ray
Last edited by RNBW on Oct 09, 2019 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
jj2007

Post by jj2007 »

marcov wrote:own downloaders that directly do HTTP (and don't use wininet apis) usually don't.
Just tested that with a downloader that uses WinInet, and it works fine, i.e. no unblocking needed.