GUI library for Windows \ Linux (window9)

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
VANYA

Re: FBGUI library for Windows 2

Post by VANYA »

enform wrote:ok, I already downloded the files , but it was not the object of my post .... :-)

I just suggest to add a version number to the window9.zip file in order to know 'what is what' in case of question for you .

Have a good day
I hear you . Yes indeed, the library has no version number is simply updated. If you look at the directory sf.net each version is marked with the date:

Code: Select all

Folder "Older Version"

real date 				date download
2019-04-05				2019-04-09
linux						2019-04-09
2018-04-04				2019-04-05
help						2019-04-05
2016-02-03				2019-04-05
10.07.2015				2016-02-03
03.10.2014				2015-07-10	
14.03.2014				2014-09-21	
05.10.2013				2014-03-14	
21.04.2013				2013-07-04
09.09.2012				2012-12-16	
28.05.2012				2012-09-09	1 version posted on sf.net
Does it make sense now to start to install versions of the libraries, if I didn't do from the beginning , and it has for years :)

Good luck!
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

VANYA wrote:Library updated. Now officially confirm that the library is cross-platform (FOR Windows and Linux).

1) Help file completely changed to support Linux. I'm sorry, but the help file is only in Russian
2) Many fixes

Files available at sf.net

The library setup is described in the first post
When you say that the help file has been completely changed to support Linux, how extensive is this? There are a number of English translations available for the old Windows only version. Is it possible to identify which sections have been changed so these can be translated, or is it a complete re-write of the help file. You will be aware that a complete translation of the whole help file is a major undertaking, but if it is the only way, it is worth doing. Much easier if only some sections need translating.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi RNBW!
RNBW wrote: Is it possible to identify which sections have been changed so these can be translated, or is it a complete re-write of the help file.
I completely rewrote the help (cleared html from unnecessary scripts, changed the format, corrected errors). To better understand what has been done, download the new help file and you will understand everything.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

VANYA wrote:Hi RNBW!
RNBW wrote: Is it possible to identify which sections have been changed so these can be translated, or is it a complete re-write of the help file.
I completely rewrote the help (cleared html from unnecessary scripts, changed the format, corrected errors). To better understand what has been done, download the new help file and you will understand everything.
I've started an English translation using HelpNDoc and Google & Bing translators. It will take a while. I learnt quite a bit when I did it last time.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

RNBW wrote: I've started an English translation using HelpNDoc and Google & Bing translators. It will take a while. I learnt quite a bit when I did it last time.
I hope, you downloaded the right help file (relevant only sf.net). Good luck!
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

VANYA wrote:
RNBW wrote: I've started an English translation using HelpNDoc and Google & Bing translators. It will take a while. I learnt quite a bit when I did it last time.
I downloaded the help_rus.zip file from Sourceforge.
enform

Post by enform »

RNBW is courageous ... but in French ??? ha , ha , ha ... no demand for that

this post about CreateCopyImageRect ( ListBox => ImageGadget ), i expected that the drawing shows the text copied
from a ListBox but it is not the case , it shows only the V and H Scrolls . Is there a solution .

Again , thank you for your work ... I do insist ;-]

#Include Once "window9.bi"

Function OpenWindow_0() As HWND
	Var hwnd_0 = OpenWindow("Win0",10,10,500,300)

ListBoxGadget(1,10,10,100,200)
	SendMessage(GadgetID(1),LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT,200,0)

For r As Long = 0 To 400
		AddListBoxItem(1,Str(r) +"  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA")
	Next

Var hbitmap = CreateCopyImageRect(hwnd_0,GadgetX(1),GadgetY(1),_
						GadgetWidth(1),GadgetHeight(1))
	ImageGadget(2,120,10,GadgetWidth(1),GadgetHeight(1),hbitmap)

Return hwnd_0
End Function

OpenWindow_0()

Do: Loop until WaitEvent = EventClose 

VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi enform!
It looks like the system does not have time to redraw the window after filling in the ListBox. Give her a little time :)

You can try for example:

#Include Once "window9.bi"

Function OpenWindow_0() As HWND
   Var hwnd_0 = OpenWindow("Win0",10,10,500,300)

ListBoxGadget(1,10,10,100,200)
   SendMessage(GadgetID(1),LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT,200,0)

For r As Long = 0 To 400
      AddListBoxItem(1,Str(r) +"  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA")    
   Next

For i As Long = 0 To 30
      WindowEvent
   Next

Var hbitmap = CreateCopyImageRect(hwnd_0,GadgetX(1),GadgetY(1),_
                  GadgetWidth(1),GadgetHeight(1))
   ImageGadget(2,120,10,GadgetWidth(1),GadgetHeight(1),hbitmap)

Return hwnd_0
End Function

OpenWindow_0()

Do: Loop until WaitEvent = EventClose 
enform

Post by enform »

The good answer , sir .
Greetings
enform

Post by enform »

Hi Vanya !
I see you have replaced Functions by Subs in the case of AddListBoxItem and SetItemLstBoxText , but AddListBoxItem returned
the item number in the default mode AddListBoxItem(1,"String") and SetItemLstBoxText returned Zero in case of error ,
I think . A bit annoying in some cases .
Have you changed many Functions in the last version ?
Greetings
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Hi enform!
I see you have replaced Functions by Subs in the case of AddListBoxItem and SetItemLstBoxText , but AddListBoxItem returned
the item number in the default mode AddListBoxItem(1,"String") and SetItemLstBoxText returned Zero in case of error ,
I think . A bit annoying in some cases .
I don’t like to lose compatibility with the previous library versions, but for a single interface under Windows and Linux I had to make such a decision. I'm sorry it disappointed you.
Have you changed many Functions in the last version ?
Many.
I myself did not count and did not keep a report. You can make the comparison yourself if you want (by comparing the old and the new version window9.bi)
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

RNBW wrote:
VANYA wrote:
I downloaded the help_rus.zip file from Sourceforge.
Hi Vanya

I just thought I'd give an update on the translation of your helpfile from Russian to English that I started in April.

I've not got as far as I'd hoped because of holidays, gardening and a bad shoulder that has prevented me sitting at my computer for too long. I'm not translating in strict order of the topics. I'm translating the topics first that are of most interest to me. To date I have translated the following:

Contents
Information about the developers
2D_Draw
2D_DrawA
3D(OpenGL)
Event
Dialog
Gadget

Still a long way to go, but it is getting there. The recent wet weather in the UK has stopped me doing outside jobs and allowed me to sit down with my computer.

At the moment I have both English and Russian versions in the help file. Would you prefer that I left it like that or keep them separate. It's easy either way. All I need do is delete the Russian version to make it all English.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

RNBW wrote: At the moment I have both English and Russian versions in the help file. Would you prefer that I left it like that or keep them separate. It's easy either way. All I need do is delete the Russian version to make it all English.
Hi RNBW!

In my opinion, it is better separately.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

VANYA wrote:
RNBW wrote: At the moment I have both English and Russian versions in the help file. Would you prefer that I left it like that or keep them separate. It's easy either way. All I need do is delete the Russian version to make it all English.
Hi RNBW!

In my opinion, it is better separately.
Will do!
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

I am providing a link to the conversion of Vanya's chm help file to English as far as I have got https://www.dropbox.com/s/3427b8i3i7toi ... g.chm?dl=0. The file should be downloaded from the link. To open right click the downloaded file and in Properties tick the Unblock box to see the text.

At the moment the file includes both the English (as far as it has reached) and the full Russian text. This is for my convenience. The final conversion will include the English version only.

The weather in the UK is atrocious today, so I've made a bit more progress.

To date I have converted Contents, Information about the developers, 2D_Draw, 2D_DrawA, 3D(OpenGl), Clipboard, Color, Cipher, Event, Dialog, File, FileSystem, Gadget.

I have used Bing Translate and Google Translate to convert and I'm using HelpNDoc to edit and compile the ranslated help file. If anyone finds any glaring errors, please let me know so I can edit.

The work I am doing is merely time consuming and I would have done it for myself. All credit must go to Vanya for the mammoth job he has done in producing the help file.