It seems that I did a bit of bad translation of the inline functions found in the headers. Currently, they are just regular subs and functions, which is fine if we have a one-module/sourcefile, but as soon as we have multiple, you will get a pile of duplicate definition errors for all of those inline functions. If ANYONE wants to help translate all of these from sub/functions to #DEFINEs, please submit patches either on this thread, on the google page, or via email!
Hi - I'm currently maintaining the chipmunk physics headers for freebasic.
You can find all the information on the https://github.com/mrozbarry/Chipmunk-Physics/ (or the old tutorials and code on the google code page).
To get the latest archives, you can download them from this page.
To get the latest updates, visit the update page.
Update: Chipmunk version 6.x has been released!
- Grab the win32 library here here
In the chipmunk download, you get the following:
- The latest headers (from the chipmunk svn, converted using fbfrog and some corrections by hand)
- A bunch of demos (who doesn't like these?)
- Some more practical examples (a little more comprehensive than the demos)
- A chipmunk wrapper that I made called easyChipmunk - check it out!
From the tutorial pages, you find these handy tricks:
- Move objects with the mouse and constraints
- Iterate over all the shapes in a space for easy drawing
- Make consistent simulations across any computer with and without threads
- And More!
Remember, this is all open source, so please contribute! If you have content you want to submit (demos, examples, modifications to easyChipmunk, tutorial pages/edits), please reply on this thread, or contact me via the project page!
Thanks for the support!