IUP & Linux/Ubuntu

External libraries (GTK, GSL, SDL, Allegro, OpenGL, etc) questions.
Bunuel66

IUP & Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Bunuel66 »

I recently started a Ubuntu configuration. FB is running fine in text mode. I'm looking for using IUP 2.6 under Linux, but it seems that the include files, the .bi are not available anywhere.
Somebody helps??

Regards.

Luis
AGS

Re: IUP & Linux/Ubuntu

Post by AGS »

Bunuel66 wrote:I recently started a Ubuntu configuration. FB is running fine in text mode. I'm looking for using IUP 2.6 under Linux, but it seems that the include files, the .bi are not available anywhere.
Somebody helps??

Regards.

Luis
The Linux downloads for the fb - compiler (available at sourceforge.net) contain .bi files for IUP. You'd need the shared libraries (.so) for Linux as well to get IUP working. The lua libraries can be found here:
http://luaforge.net/frs/download.php/28 ... lib.tar.gz

and executables for Linux can be found here

http://luaforge.net/frs/download.php/28 ... bin.tar.gz
Bunuel66

IUP Libs

Post by Bunuel66 »

Thanks a lot for your answer. Nevertheless the .bi coming with FB are for version 2.3 and not for the current 2.6. Furethermore some .bi refer to windows files apparently. I'm still stuck ;-((

Regards.

Luis
AGS

Re: IUP Libs

Post by AGS »

Bunuel66 wrote:Thanks a lot for your answer. Nevertheless the .bi coming with FB are for version 2.3 and not for the current 2.6. Furethermore some .bi refer to windows files apparently. I'm still stuck ;-((

Regards.

Luis
Hmmm.... The references to windows files I could not find, differences between version 2.3 and version 2.6 I could find. And IUP version 2.6 apparently still uses the Open Motif toolkit. Which is interesting to say the least....

Anyway, what would you need to get IUP going? Would an adaption of the .bi - files be enough? To actually use IUP you'd need the Open Motif libraries so you'll have to start a shell (or whatever you do to install packages) and install libmotif-dev, motif-clients and libmotif (but that last one gets installed automagically when you install libmotif).
When in a shell you do this

sudo apt-get install libmotif-dev
sudo apt-get install motif-clients

Apart from that you'll need a lot more libraries to get XWindows going. I'm guessing you already have these installed but if not you should install them:

gcc
libc6-dev
ncurses-dev
x11proto-core-dev
x11proto-input-dev
x11proto-kb-dev
x11proto-randr-dev
x11proto-render-dev
x11proto-xext-dev
xtrans-dev
libxdmcp-dev
libxau-dev
libx11-dev
libxext-dev
libxi-dev
libxpm-dev
libxrandr-dev
libxrender-dev

One of the differences between version IUP 2.3 and IUP 2.6 is a change in iup.bi from

Type Icallback as function cdecl(byval as Ihandle ptr, ...) as integer

to

Type Icallback as function cdecl(byval as Ihandle ptr) as integer

Apart from that change there are some more functions in IUP now but the .bi - files do not have to be changed all that much.

If you don't know how to change the .bi files yourself (you'll have to apply the above change to iup.bi and add some more functions) I can change them for you.