RTS: Moon Project v0.5 released!

Game development specific discussions.
leopardpm

Re: RTS: Moon Project v0.5 released!

Post by leopardpm »

oog, do you have a link to the version you used?
oog

Post by oog »

leopardpm wrote:oog, do you have a link to the version you used?
Sadly no. All links to the original versions are broken.
The source code I used was from download in 2007 or 2008. I don't have the original rar files, just my old project files with some bugfixes.
I added some new stuff, which you can download from the post above (Jan 21, 2017).
oog

Post by oog »

Update Version 0.17.0211

Suport mouse or touchscreen input for Tablet PC.
Choose from different simulation modes on start.

Discovering the surface is not so easy any more. You start with a rover as a new vehicle. You have to level up to get access to the flying drone.
Storm can damage buildings (thin yellow bar in the blue atmosphere bar).
You can use walls to protect buildings or repair damages (wit combined Repair / upgrade button)

Download: http://proog.de/dl/moonproject/MoonProject_dl.zip

Greetings
oog / proog.de

Edit: typo
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

I have a small request. It isn't really much, but I'd like to get an explanation of the creation item on Mouse-Hover, if possible.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

It would be nice if it came with a manual as to how to play the game. Instructions like you have to build stuff without explaining how you build stuff isn't much help. I managed to figure out by clicking the robot thing I could then click the green squares to move it one step but where to and for what reason was unclear. Rather tedious way to move it.

Clicking the square boxes icons I get stats on,

Station: Lvel 1 + Area, 100 Energy, 50 Metal, 5 Population, 0 Food
Habitat Lvel 1 + Pop 50 Energy, 50 Metal, 0 Population, 20 Food
Research Lab Lvel 1 200 Energy, 300 Metal, 2 Population, 5 Food
Metal Mine Lvel 1 +3 M/Day 50 Energy, 100 Metal, 5 Population, 0 Food

When I click any of the above nothing happens when I then click the display.

Water Pump Lvel 1 _300 200 Energy, 400 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food
Solar Panel Lvel 1 +200 E 0 Energy, 50 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food
Supply Line Lvel H 0 Energy, 5 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food
Hall Lvel H 0 Energy, 250 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food

Supply Line Lvl X 0 Energy, 5 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food
Wall Lvl X 0 Energy, 250 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food
Supply Line Lvl V 0 Energy, 5 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food
Wall Lvl V 0 Energy, 250 Metal, 0 Population, 0 Food

Clicking away at things I could not figure out how to make anything work.

Is it based on any other commercial game??

oog

Post by oog »

BasicCoder2 wrote:It would be nice if it came with a manual as to how to play the game. Instructions like you have to build stuff without explaining how you build stuff isn't much help. I managed to figure out by clicking the robot thing I could then click the green squares to move it one step but where to and for what reason was unclear. Rather tedious way to move it.
Clicking away at things I could not figure out how to make anything work.
I will give more informations, maybe as a manual or build in help within the game. Some infos you can get from the intro page when the program starts.

A small howto:

Start building with a supply line.

You have to place it next to a station and then you can expand step by step.
If you select an item/building, you see a green area around a station where you can build.
If a building needs other stuff, you see highlighted green fields where you can place them. For example mines, solar panels or water pumps. They need a supply line next to them.

Build a mine next to a supply line. You will see that "metal display" in the top info line will start counting up. The mine is now running.

Have a look at the screenshot.

Build a water pump next to a supply line to produce atmosphere and food.

You figured out how the rover works. You need the rover to discover new places on the map. You can build stations at the new discovered places to expand. The rover is somehow limited. At higher levels you get a vehicle that makes discovering the surface easier.

You need search labs to level up. At higher levels you can build more powerful buildings.

> Is it based on any other commercial game??
AlexZ could answer this question.

BasicCoder2 wrote:I'd like to get an explanation of the creation item on Mouse-Hover, if possible.
You actually have to click on an item to get some informations. Do you mean you want this informations without clicking or do you want more infos? Presenting infos without a click will not be compatible to the touchscreen / tablet mode. I will work on better documentation and integrated help.