FInstall: The fastest way to run source code from this forum

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
KristopherWindsor

FInstall: The fastest way to run source code from this forum

Postby KristopherWindsor » Jun 06, 2007 22:28

EDIT: This thread is old. Even the new version at the end of this post is old. Newer version: http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10858

(...Hopefully ;D)

I'm not sure if anything like this exists, but it has saved me time. Between this and the QB version, I have saved and run 200 or 300 source code files with only one click per program. XD

README wrote:

Code: Select all

FInstall 2.0 README
(C) 2007 i-TECH and Kristopher Windsor
kristopherwindsor@gmail.com

[FInstall is a quick-launch install-and-run utility for FreeBasic source code.]

When run, FInstall will save FreeBasic source from the clipboard to a .bas file in the Programs folder, compile the program, and run it.
FInstall 2.0 also includes FOpen and FRun, for editing and re-running installed programs.

FB\      Contains shortcuts to the .BAT files. You can add this folder to the Windows toolbar
Programs\   Contains the source code and EXEs that have been saved and compiled
FInstall.exe   Saves, compiles, and runs a program from source code in the clipboard
BAT files   Launch FInstall.exe with different parameters, which are passed to the FBC.exe compiler, for dialectical compatibility
Total.txt   Contains the number of programs that have been installed. This number is used for naming the programs.

Move the FInstall folder to C:\itech\misc, or somewhere on your hard drive.
If you do not install to C:\itech\misc\FInstall, then the shortcuts in the FB folder will not work.
If your compiler is not C:\Program Files\FreeBasic\FBC, then you will need to change that path in the FInstall.bas source code, and recompile FInstall.bas.
If you are running Windows, right-click on your taskbar and select Toolbars > New Toolbar. Then add the FInstall/FB/ folder so you can quickly access FInstall.
You can add files such as fmod.dll to the programs directory so they are available for programs that you install.

The source is included, but the ZIP has the folders organized. For instant access to this program, you can either put a shortcut to FInstall in the Windows QuickLaunch, or right-click on the Taskbar, go to Toolbars > New Toolbar, and select the FInstall\FB folder.

Old Version: http://freebasic.50webs.com/finstall.zip

Edit: Version 2.0 is out. It lets you install .BI files (without attempting to compile them), recompile the latest program, or open it in an editor.

New Version: http://fbc.ourproject.org/view.php?t=finstall
Last edited by KristopherWindsor on Jan 21, 2011 5:19, edited 5 times in total.
rdc

Postby rdc » Jun 07, 2007 3:05

Cool.
KaraK

Postby KaraK » Jun 07, 2007 5:19

great idea :)
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Jun 08, 2007 20:24

Downloading.
KristopherWindsor

Postby KristopherWindsor » Aug 22, 2007 7:50

I released version 2.0. Let me know if there are any problems. :-)
notthecheatr

Postby notthecheatr » Aug 22, 2007 21:55

That's cool, I'll try it out tomorrow.
Lachie Dazdarian

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Aug 22, 2007 21:59

Ditto.
smith125

Postby smith125 » Jan 19, 2011 6:59

'm attempting to install finstall on a machine running Ubuntu using the instructions on this pag_
I've installed it on a machine running Opensuse, and it has been running for awhile.
I'm getting this error on the Ubuntu machine though:
$ ./finstall: 5418: Syntax error: Bad substitution
I've googled the error, but it hasn't turned up anything very useful to me. Is there a problem with my bash configuration? I'm suspecting bash problems because I've also noticed that I have no bash history for some reason. Does this sound reasonable?
KristopherWindsor

Postby KristopherWindsor » Jan 19, 2011 19:43

Sorry, the thread should have mentioned somewhere that this only works on Windows, because of the clipboard functionality. :/
BTW, this is the old version for anyone interested. Look up FInstall GUI (which is also Windows only).
TJF

Postby TJF » Jan 20, 2011 8:20

@smith125:

Do you realy want to run any code on your box without checking it in an editor first?
fxm

Postby fxm » Jan 20, 2011 14:01

I agree with TJF.
For my part, I always look at the source code before compile and run.
srvaldez

Postby srvaldez » Jan 21, 2011 2:02

when clicking on http://fbc.ourproject.org/view.php?t=finstall
I get this error
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare file_put_contents() in /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/fbc/htdocs/functions/main.php on line 10

Return to “Projects”