FreeBASIC Nibbles.. IS OUT!

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Lithium
Posts: 298
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 17:53
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

FreeBASIC Nibbles.. IS OUT!

Postby Lithium » Mar 03, 2008 2:57

Sorry, I said I would post in the other thread, but this is just to exciting.

http://lithium.vectec.net/downloads.php#FBNibbles.zip

Ok, that's the link... and..

Image

Image

Image

Those are the screenshots!

Like I said in the downloads page on my site.. Any constructive comments/criticism will be met with 75% glee. Or a 75% chance there of. (The other 25% can be accounted for by paranoia)

This is the first version, so it's not final.. There is a feature or two and a detial or two left out, but soon enough.. soon enough..
Last edited by Lithium on Mar 09, 2008 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Conexion
Posts: 236
Joined: Feb 23, 2006 6:04

Postby Conexion » Mar 03, 2008 5:31

You know, I had a perfect game up until Level X. Bastard :D

Very fun, great for killing time, and great graphic work! I must say this is the most enjoyable snake game I've played in a long time. Fun 'music'... Simple and addicting. Couldn't find anything wrong with it either... maybe I'm not being critical enough, but hey, why should I be? ((... I mean, it's not my game.. ))...err, hah, jk. Great work! My only little suggestion may be that slight overlap '3D' effect kind of throws you off a bit when you're starting out.
badmrbox
Posts: 658
Joined: Oct 27, 2005 14:40
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Postby badmrbox » Mar 03, 2008 17:22

Ah, the nostalgia. Runs great here.
Lachie Dazdarian
Posts: 2204
Joined: May 31, 2005 9:59
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Mar 03, 2008 22:44

I'm not sure if I should comment, because I know my comments how OpenGL programs crawl on my PC annoy some people....for some reason.

But yeah, completely unplayable on my PC (Pentium III 866 Mhz - which is completely irrelevant and ATI 3D Rage Pro). Which is nice. I can run Quake, but...I can't run a simple nibbles game.

Anyway, can't comment the game much. Except that the gfx is rather basic and the gameplay...seems that way too. Any additions to the classic nibbles gameplay?
HD_
Posts: 215
Joined: Jun 10, 2006 12:15
Contact:

Postby HD_ » Mar 03, 2008 22:47

I only get 4-5fps for some reason :S
Lithium
Posts: 298
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 17:53
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Postby Lithium » Mar 04, 2008 0:50

C'mon... Why do so many computers handle such simple opengl rendering like crap? This is ridiculous. Just when you think you're safe..

But yeah, I spent 12 hours on this.. I just tried to remake nibbles, and add a little pizzaz.. If it's too slow, or you don't like it, ah well. I'm pleased with myself, anyway.
KristopherWindsor
Posts: 2428
Joined: Jul 19, 2006 19:17
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Contact:

Postby KristopherWindsor » Mar 04, 2008 1:07

The animations outside of the game look good, and the snake reminds me of the progress bar while streaming music. :-)
BTW, my seven-year-old brother got to level 5 in his first game. ;-)
Conexion
Posts: 236
Joined: Feb 23, 2006 6:04

Postby Conexion » Mar 04, 2008 5:21

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Anyway, can't comment the game much. Except that the gfx is rather basic


While I do have to agree I thought it looked very basic graphic-wise, when I started playing it the animations do it much more justice. It isn't Squaresoft/Enix... but it sure is better than the screen-shots show.
Lachie Dazdarian
Posts: 2204
Joined: May 31, 2005 9:59
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Mar 04, 2008 22:20

Hmm...I missed the point that this supposed to be a FB version of QB Nibbles. My mistake.

Still, I wish you coded an alternative FBGFX version.

Anyway, lemme know when you have a version ready to be rated for FBGD.
Lachie Dazdarian
Posts: 2204
Joined: May 31, 2005 9:59
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Mar 08, 2008 17:01

Final version comming along?
Lithium
Posts: 298
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 17:53
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Postby Lithium » Mar 08, 2008 17:16

Yeah, I'm doing some work-homework at the moment, I just have one more feature to implement in FB Nibbles.. P.S. Sorry, but it would take too much time too make a non-OGL version.
Lachie Dazdarian
Posts: 2204
Joined: May 31, 2005 9:59
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Postby Lachie Dazdarian » Mar 08, 2008 17:17

NP.

I'm just asking because of a FBGD update I'm preparing for the next weekend.
Lithium
Posts: 298
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 17:53
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Postby Lithium » Mar 09, 2008 23:31

Allrighty. I'm finished.

(Same url)
Pritchard
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sep 12, 2005 20:06
Location: Ohio, USA

Postby Pritchard » Mar 11, 2008 10:07

Very fun snakes game! :D
williamsharkey
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 04, 2007 22:58

Postby williamsharkey » Mar 11, 2008 21:58

Is there any other good Microsoft software?

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests